Dallas Chief Fires 4 Officers and a 911 Operator

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 1

Dallas Chief Fires 4 Officers and a 911 Operator

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Dallas Police Chief appears to be cleaning house...

The Dallas senior corporal found to have violated the department’s deadly force policy when she shot an unarmed teen carjacking suspect earlier this month was fired on Monday.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/I ... 72331.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

n5wd

Re: Dallas Chief Fires 4 Officers and a 911 Operator

Post by n5wd »

And already, on the 10PM news, there was the officer in silhouette with voice modification making the suggestion that the rank and file officers may react a bit slower at the next incident, which would, of course, put other officers and private citizens at risk for fear of breaking some new wiggly policy that no one can decipher.

The fired officer's attorney said that she was "in fear" when she approached the car where the passenger was sitting, thus the shooting should be justifiable.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Hmmmm, where there's smoke there is usually fire.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:Hmmmm, where there's smoke there is usually fire.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Maybe the driver Reginald Robertson should be charged for the other guy getting shot, you know like they do in NYC.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Car-jackers are known to be peace loving, non-violent types, right?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

No, but unarmed ones with their hands up in the air should be cuffed and arrested and not shot just because a cop is fearful.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

mojo84,

You and I agree.

I went back and read the article...it was a bad shoot.

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

Wow, those all sound like officers who should not be police officers.

The police officer saying that "officers may react a bit slower at the next incident, which would, of course, put other officers and private citizens at risk for fear of breaking some new wiggly policy that no one can decipher" probably shouldn't be a PO either. A PO should hesitate to fire his gun, that is a pretty big step that cannot be taken back. I understand the argument that "hesitation costs police lives" but not hesitating costs innocent lives with bad shootings - like the one in the story.

My right to not fear the police should be greater than the police right not to fear the people he interacts with. We give police officers additional power in our society, with that comes additional responsibility.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Going with the article as written, the Chief done good.

Taking a tangent, I was interested in this one:
Demoted:

Senior Cpl. James Reynolds, who did not help a fellow officer who asked for help dealing with a combative prisoner. Reynolds did not respond to a call for help three-tenths of a mile away. The 17-year veteran was demoted to the rank of police officer.
Ooh. There is a story there. Again taking it as written, there are probably some frosty relations between a couple officers.
USAF 1982-2005

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I too was wondering if the officer that called for assistance had done something to make the backup officer not want to assist or if the non-responding officer is just a jerk that didn't want to get involved in a physical altercation.

There is definitely more to the story.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I just finished reading the article in the Dallas paper. There was an awful lot of, "coulda, woulda, shoulda" in the article by persons no where near the incident....no way. :headscratch

Inasmuch as I also wasn't present, I don't know whether that was a bad shoot or not.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Based on what I've read and the chief's actions, I trust it wasn't. All I have to go by is what I've seen since they don't make the complete investigation file available for us to review.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”