Author of "Lone Survivor" armed contact with police

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LAYGO
Posts in topic: 1

Author of "Lone Survivor" armed contact with police

Post by LAYGO »

I posted a video interview earlier about Marcus Lutrell, the author of "Lone Survivor" talking about how these punks shot his dog. I found this video just now & it's the 911 call recording of him chasing down those criminals.

What I found particularly interesting is his demeanor considering the situation & how when let the operator know he was armed, the police stopping the criminals didn't treat him like one either. I believe it was how he conducted himself (unless of course they knew who/what he was, seems unlikely). It's an interesting to think about being in a situation like that & how you would conduct yourself, props to him & remaining calm.

[youtube][/youtube]

The interview with him after the event (that I previously posted):
[youtube][/youtube]
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

jmra

Re: Author of "Lone Survivor" armed contact with police

Post by jmra »

Don't understand how anyone would derive joy out of killing a domesticated pet. If you want to kill something go after coyotes or wild pigs. Just doesn't make sense.
These guys are very fortunate the police got to them first.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Also first class handling of the events by the 911 operators. None of this namby pamby stuff you so often hear, no shock or fear of guns, and working with the guy to corral these dirt bags.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

The dirtbags picked the wrong dog to shoot. I got a kick out of the dispatcher saying she didn't want Marcus driving so fast because he might hurt himself and his response was that he had been a navy seal for 10 years, knew what he was doing and wasn't worried about himself. She let it drop after that...

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

This is about 4 hears old. The guys were convicted a couple of years ago and received prison time http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/12 ... companion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Gotta be some good come from being cold, wet, tired and miserable all those years! You know how to handle things like this.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Back when this happened this was my thought: "Wish he would've caught them and been justified in a shooting....or three...."

Nothing has really changed for me.

Just sayin'
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”