Speeding Ticket & LEO Bexar County

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Speeding Ticket & LEO Bexar County

Post by LadyLightening »

Oldgringo wrote:
Pecos wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Interesting....there have been numerous posts, over time, on this forum where the validity, and application, of posted speed limits (which is the law) has been questioned/challenged.
I was guilty, it was my own fault I'm not going to challenge this. 1978 was my last ticket I was hopping I would get a warning ticket, But -Oh well. Not really a big deal just feels weird. Just needed to vent a little. :thumbs2:
I'm not being judgmental with/to you, Pecos. Heckfire, I got one for the same reason on the Florida Turnpike in 1986 or so. I was funnin' those members who think that speed limits are not speed limits or otherwise don't apply to them.

I'm guilty of this. My highway speed limit is 5-10mph over...not always though. Unfortunately, if i'm speeding or not I get pulled over mostly at night for owning a new camaro.

b322da
Posts in topic: 1

Post by b322da »

Pecos wrote:Thanks mojo84.
Your right innocent people do get tickets. As long as it doesn't affect my CHL Im OK with it. I will call tomorrow -they have an online defensive driving coarse I can take.
Pecos, I had an unexpected consequence of getting a ticket due to my being at fault for a fender-bender a couple of years ago. In order to avoid a fine I took the online defensive driving course you mention. I expected my auto insurance premium to go up because of the accident, but instead the premium went down because I took the online course.

I thought the online course was very good, and I learned things about Texas motor vehicle laws which were news to this old man who last studied motor vehicle laws when his drivers license was issued more than 60 years ago. I felt that the course was valuable, even though it took a long time to finish it.

BTW, the tests following the course sections and the final test were not particularly easy, but they were fair and I recall no trick questions.

Jim

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

I know LEO's can disarm you if they so request, but I can't help but think that this situation would bother me quite a bit. Let sleeping dogs lie, right? What good does it do to request someone to pull out a weapon and lay it on the seat when that action could result in an ND or some perceived threat. I prefer holsters that snap/clip on so I can remove the gun while holstered in the event I have to go inside my son's school, or a post office, or I cannot avoid entering a posted site. However, when I hunt, I wear a kydex OWB and would need to un-do my belt to remove the holstered gun. I am completely uncomfortable with removing an exposed hangun in front of a LEO. I think most LEO's are cool, but the one who asks to disarm you may not be so cool, so handling a gun in front of him/her is asking for trouble. Just my two bits.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Texsquatch wrote:I know LEO's can disarm you if they so request, but I can't help but think that this situation would bother me quite a bit. Let sleeping dogs lie, right? What good does it do to request someone to pull out a weapon and lay it on the seat when that action could result in an ND or some perceived threat. I prefer holsters that snap/clip on so I can remove the gun while holstered in the event I have to go inside my son's school, or a post office, or I cannot avoid entering a posted site. However, when I hunt, I wear a kydex OWB and would need to un-do my belt to remove the holstered gun. I am completely uncomfortable with removing an exposed hangun in front of a LEO. I think most LEO's are cool, but the one who asks to disarm you may not be so cool, so handling a gun in front of him/her is asking for trouble. Just my two bits.
:iagree:
If I were a police officer, asking someone to draw a pistol thus insuring they could shoot me first if they are so inclined, seems like the exact opposite of what I would want to do. Not to mention an accidental discharge due to the nervousness of the situation.

Topic author
Pecos
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Pecos »

Texsquatch wrote:I know LEO's can disarm you if they so request, but I can't help but think that this situation would bother me quite a bit. Let sleeping dogs lie, right? What good does it do to request someone to pull out a weapon and lay it on the seat when that action could result in an ND or some perceived threat. I prefer holsters that snap/clip on so I can remove the gun while holstered in the event I have to go inside my son's school, or a post office, or I cannot avoid entering a posted site. However, when I hunt, I wear a kydex OWB and would need to un-do my belt to remove the holstered gun. I am completely uncomfortable with removing an exposed hangun in front of a LEO. I think most LEO's are cool, but the one who asks to disarm you may not be so cool, so handling a gun in front of him/her is asking for trouble. Just my two bits.
I remove my weapon while it was still in the paddle holster. I removed the whole holster gun & all.
I called the JP office & have to wait 5 day & they will let me know my options. I think Im going to take the online driving coarse like b322da was saying. ;-)
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Topic author
Pecos

Post by Pecos »

I have to remember Im dealing with personalities. Another officer may have just giving me a warning. Yet another may have just given me a verbal warning.
This LEO disarmed me the while the last leo dealing, the State Trooper was fine with me walking around him armed , same with the county Ata deputy. No Problem
Seems like it depends on who your dealing with.
Anyway I dont want to see any LEOs for a LONG LONG time! :smilelol5:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I think I'd very politely ask if he would mind doing it, as pulling the pistol out myself would make me very uncomfortable. I would also inform him about the status of the pistol, i.e., one in the chamber with a light trigger.

Otherwise, I could just see the dash cam recording me pulling out my pistol and the LEO shooting, because there was miscommunication at work...

Having a motorist pull his own pistol out for the presumed safety of the LEO is contradictory in and of itself.

Topic author
Pecos

Post by Pecos »

LadyLightening wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Pecos wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Interesting....there have been numerous posts, over time, on this forum where the validity, and application, of posted speed limits (which is the law) has been questioned/challenged.
I was guilty, it was my own fault I'm not going to challenge this. 1978 was my last ticket I was hopping I would get a warning ticket, But -Oh well. Not really a big deal just feels weird. Just needed to vent a little. :thumbs2:
I'm not being judgmental with/to you, Pecos. Heckfire, I got one for the same reason on the Florida Turnpike in 1986 or so. I was funnin' those members who think that speed limits are not speed limits or otherwise don't apply to them.

I'm guilty of this. My highway speed limit is 5-10mph over...not always though. Unfortunately, if i'm speeding or not I get pulled over mostly at night for owning a new camaro.
Those new Camero's are NICE!!! Bet it's red? They probably just want to see the car. LOL. "rlol"

bbobb

Post by bbobb »

That is another advantage of MPA.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Traffic enforcement in San Antonio? WHAT?? When did that start?

I make it a point to drive the speed limit at all times everywhere and I've almost gotten rear-ended and cut-off many times on I-10 or 1604 there since I'm not speeding. It's been so long since I've gotten a ticket, I can't remember - probably in the 1970s.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LadyLightening »

Pecos wrote:
LadyLightening wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Pecos wrote:

Those new Camero's are NICE!!! Bet it's red? They probably just want to see the car. LOL. "rlol"

Thanks! It's a white SS... My car before the camaro was red so I had to get a new color. I went to the dealer wanting white because I was set on pink vanity plates lol pink was a no go though, I like the black and white look I have now. I got pulled over on New Year's Eve and the officer wanted to look in the trunk because he didn't believe that's where the battery is. I normally would have been weirded out by it but he was a good looking younger guy.... :banghead:

Topic author
Pecos

Post by Pecos »

LadyLightening -White is a good color. The SS is way too cool!!! :thumbs2:

Topic author
Pecos

Post by Pecos »

UPDATE: I got a deferred adjudication. it will come off my record in March.
IMO after studying cases on CCW police stops it best to be polite & nice during the stop procedure (Which I was).
The DPS Trooper & Deputy's I encountered earlier were really cool!!!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”