Bolingbrook (IL) cop playing video poker while driving?

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Frankie
Posts in topic: 1

Bolingbrook (IL) cop playing video poker while driving?

Post by Frankie »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 2332.story

A Bolingbrook police officer is being investigated by the department after video surfaced this week reportedly showing the officer playing video poker while driving a squad car through last weekend’s snowfall.
Here's the video for those that don't want to read the article.

[youtube][/youtube]

A few years back when I lived in Southern IL, I sat behind one our local PD units at a red light and watched him shop Ebay. The light turned green but he was so focused on his laptop, he didn't notice. I waited about 15 secs and then gave the guy a short honk. I don't think he even looked back at me, he just proceed up the road, still scrolling the Ebay listings. :totap:

Texsquatch

Re: Bolingbrook (IL) cop playing video poker while driving?

Post by Texsquatch »

I didn't know that those were normal laptops. I guess I just though they were basically monitors linked to the PD.
I'm not that old, but my eyes could not make anything on that screen. Oh well, with that much snow, I'm sure there wasn't too many other cars on the road. Didn't seem like a lot of traffic for Bolingbrook.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

At least he wasn't texting.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Used to live in Bolingbrook, and knew several of the LEOs there. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

If this story was about a UPS driver would we care?

Not sure what the guy's job has to do with his stupidity.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

gigag04 wrote:If this story was about a UPS driver would we care?

Not sure what the guy's job has to do with his stupidity.
Stupid is stupid no matter what it does for a living. But those tasked with holding society accountable have always been held to a higher standard than the general population.
We don't give a second thought to John Smith having a fling with his coworker but we would be appalled if John Smith's minister did the same. Same thing applies here. The UPS driver doesn't hold people accountable for their behavior behind the wheel, the police officer does so society expects more from the officer than we do from the UPS driver.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Because of the hypocrisy involved. Those that enforce the laws are expected to have the integrity and character not to break them.

Believe me, I would care if it was a UPS driver. He/she should know better also.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”