Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:Back in 2001, I spent about 6 weeks in Cape Cod, Mass.

Daily I drove my pickup all over the place with Texas plates.

Not once was I stopped.

Have the anti's now gotten so compelling that a return journey would be fraught with anti gun LEO harassment because of my plates?

Ah, forget about it, I'm never leaving Texas again!
I dunno'. I do feel this is not the same country that it was 13 years ago.

Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texsquatch »

Oldgringo wrote:Your Texas license plate is a magnet for these type leo personalities. Outsiders (yankees) think that we're all gun totin' cowboys 'cause that's what they saw in the picture shows of their 'yoot. Look no further than Austin, TX for confirmation. :roll:
:iagree:
When I first moved to Illinois, I didn't register my vehicle until I moved into my permanent residence a couple months later. So, after living ther for a couple weeks, there was a special bulletin issued by the sheriff's dept at a press conference which all the local news showed. They claimed the majority of their drugs came into Illinois from Texas through St. Loius and on to Chicago. So, to stop the pipeline, they said they had to stop the drugs at their source (of course it couldn't be a local problem). So, concerned citizens should be on the look out for late model black SUV's with tinted windows and Texas plates, AND with hispanics driving...guess who fit that profile? Welcome to Illinois!

Oh - the tinted window thing was key. Until recently, tint on front windows was illegal. My wife received a ticket - no warning - a couple months after we registed her car from TX to IL. Sure, it's the law, but come on. He busted a u-turn on a busy street to stop her. She said, sorry, but that's how we had the car in TX. LEO told her doesn't matter, she has IL plates now, she should learn the IL laws. And, he said he has a lot of Texas people try to get away with it, so we shouldn't feel special.

Sooooo. Welcome back to Texas! :txflag:

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Oldgringo wrote:
CoffeeNut wrote:
“You’re a liar. You’re lying to me. Your family says you have it. Where is the gun? Tell me where it is and we can resolve this right now.”
That would be enough to get me to start spewing the "am I being detained?" and "I do not consent to searches" type stuff. What is it with some of these States and some of their police departments? I didn't know you could issue the God complex. :mad5
Your Texas license plate is a magnet for these type leo personalities. Outsiders (yankees) think that we're all gun totin' cowboys 'cause that's what they saw in the picture shows of their 'yoot. Look no further than Austin, TX for confirmation. :roll:

Actually out of state plates are magnets anywhere, including TX. Traffic cops know that it is unlikely that an out of state person will fight a traffic ticket. Not saying that's right, but that's a fact.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Oldgringo wrote:
Abraham wrote:Back in 2001, I spent about 6 weeks in Cape Cod, Mass.

Daily I drove my pickup all over the place with Texas plates.

Not once was I stopped.

Have the anti's now gotten so compelling that a return journey would be fraught with anti gun LEO harassment because of my plates?

Ah, forget about it, I'm never leaving Texas again!
I dunno'. I do feel this is not the same country that it was 13 years ago.
It's not the same country it was 5 years ago... Just say'n.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

I sorry, I'll say it since nobody else has, this guy's wife was SO stupid! Talk about throwing your husband to the wolves. What a dingbat! :roll: :roll: I bet she got an earful all the way home!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

I was thinking maybe she should have been allowed to thumb her way home so as not to be in such fear. :evil2:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

CHLLady wrote:I sorry, I'll say it since nobody else has, this guy's wife was SO stupid! Talk about throwing your husband to the wolves. What a dingbat! :roll: :roll: I bet she got an earful all the way home!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TexasGal wrote:I was thinking maybe she should have been allowed to thumb her way home so as not to be in such fear. :evil2:

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Judging from the initial part of the encounter I doubt what the wife said would have mattered. They were intent on rousting the car and would have 'found something' eventually.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:Judging from the initial part of the encounter I doubt what the wife said would have mattered. They were intent on rousting the car and would have 'found something' eventually.
You may be right; nevertheless, she should have kept her mouth shut. Just sayin'....

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”