Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by Excaliber »

gigag04 wrote:Yeah it is federal law that prevents off duty carry in a school. Good luck prosecuting though.
Same thing with post offices.

Personally I wouldn't sweat it.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

Thanks for clearing it up. My first shift starts at 3pm today, I am nervous. I just want to do a good job for the Sheriff and the citizens then head home safe.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

nightmare69 wrote:Thanks for clearing it up. My first shift starts at 3pm today, I am nervous. I just want to do a good job for the Sheriff and the citizens then head home safe.
Good luck and be safe.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

sbrawley wrote:As told from a former LT. of mine, "the goal is going home exactly the same way as you came on-all in one piece" Stay safe and Good Luck.

That's all that matters. ;-)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

mojo84 wrote:
sbrawley wrote:As told from a former LT. of mine, "the goal is going home exactly the same way as you came on-all in one piece" Stay safe and Good Luck.

Not quite.

The condition you left the people you swore to protect in should take precedence over officer safety.

When this is not the case, bad things happen.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

First evening shift done. I got to corral some horses that got loose and ran into the highway. Ran code on a 2yr old who feel and bumped his head. Ran some people off who were camping in a none camping area.

It was fun I just wish I could get out and walk more. Riding around patrolling for hours I start to get stiff. Maybe the next guy I ride with will let me get out and be more proactive.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Excaliber wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Not quite.

The condition you left the people you swore to protect in should take precedence over officer safety.

When this is not the case, bad things happen.

Yes sir. I agree 100%. I was being sarcastic as the current attitude of all that matters is going home at the end of shift is skewing many cops attitudes away from what they have sworn to do. I wish there was a better sarcasm smiley. I guess the wink smiley doesn't work.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

nightmare69 wrote:First evening shift done. I got to corral some horses that got loose and ran into the highway. Ran code on a 2yr old who feel and bumped his head. Ran some people off who were camping in a none camping area.

It was fun I just wish I could get out and walk more. Riding around patrolling for hours I start to get stiff. Maybe the next guy I ride with will let me get out and be more proactive.

Did he want you to stay in the car most of the time while he handled most of the calls since it was your first shift? Do you have your uni and most all of your gear already.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

mojo84 wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:First evening shift done. I got to corral some horses that got loose and ran into the highway. Ran code on a 2yr old who feel and bumped his head. Ran some people off who were camping in a none camping area.

Did he want you to stay in the car most of the time while he handled most of the calls since it was your first shift? Do you have your uni and most all of your gear already.
Naw he was just the type that likes to stay in the car, I did get out and socialize with the public some. Im a people person and I believe its important to establish a good relationship with the citizens and to do that you need to get out and shake hands.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Got my Sig p226 MK5 9mm in yesterday, now for the pics....

5/20-Plastic in hand.

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spongeworthy »

nightmare69 wrote:Got my Sig p226 MK5 9mm in yesterday, now for the pics....

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Good looking SIG. Make it a point to put a box through it today before you do another shift. Also, does your holster accommodate a TLR-1?

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

The holster I have will not, Ive been looking at this one...

http://www.galls.com/safariland-6360-au ... 5NM-_ldV1M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I want a good level II duty holster, Im open to suggestions.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

Mid rise safari land with the thumb lever is the way to go. The ones with the rocking motion are hard to operate seated in a car, with a vest.

Highly recommend a light if you can. TLR-1 or x300.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spongeworthy »

nightmare69 wrote:The holster I have will not, Ive been looking at this one...

http://www.galls.com/safariland-6360-au ... 5NM-_ldV1M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I want a good level II duty holster, Im open to suggestions.
Safariland 6365-7742-61 (Right hand with attached light) - That is a Level III with 1.5" drop, if you don't mind those

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”