Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by Excaliber »

I'm a big advocate of Level 3 holsters for law enforcement.

You may not understand why until you've rolled around on the ground a few times with someone who's bigger, stronger, and crazier than you trying to take your gun.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Wodathunkit »

Wow! As a non-leo I never thought about that. :shock:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

Thanks guys. Il look into a level 3 either from galls or go distributers.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

Excaliber wrote:I'm a big advocate of Level 3 holsters for law enforcement.

You may not understand why until you've rolled around on the ground a few times with someone who's bigger, stronger, and crazier than you trying to take your gun.
QFT.

I always had a few other options had that fight started going the wrong way.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

nightmare69 wrote:Thanks guys. Il look into a level 3 either from galls or go distributers.
Last time I looked, the Safariland Level III's were the best made and the most instinctive to operate. That last bit is really important.

For holsters with an optional shield to protect the release lever, you want to take that option.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I'll check them out. I'm sure there are plenty of options for my sig p226.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Thoughts on NRA's new video on police and military?

[youtube][/youtube]
5/20-Plastic in hand.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

How many times do we here about the use of military tactics to bust up terrorists in the USA versus serving warrants for non terrorist suspects? I think the military mission is different than the law enforcement/peace officer mission. Therefore, different tactics and strategy needs to be used. They reference the marathon bombing. How well did their domestic spying and military training work in preventing that?

I think the military tactics and mindset is overused domestically. Naming something a "war" doesn't justify militarizing the police.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

talltex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by talltex »

nightmare69 wrote:Thoughts on NRA's new video on police and military?
I disagree with the argument the video presents to justify the increasing militarization of the police departments. It's using scare tactics to try and sway public opinion, by stating as "fact", that we are in a war against terrorist acts, at the local levels everywhere. That's simply not an accurate portrayal based on statistical evidence. I'm not saying that we do not face any danger from terrorist acts on U.S. soil, but it is not so pervasive and widespread as the spokespeople in this video present it to be, and the local Police Departments are not now, and were never intended to be, the first line of defense against terrorism. The odds of a US citizen being killed or injured by a terrorist attack at this time are miniscule and do not justify the huge proliferation of SWAT/SRT para-military units, at the local level, that has occurred in the last 20 years. This video attempts to address the concerns that many citizens have over these increases, by implying that those who oppose this buildup, and are concerned about the erosion of Constitutional protections, are a "fringe" faction worried that the government is going to use these para-military units to "come take their guns away". As I've stated before, I'm NOT concerned about that, because out in the country where I live, I know the officers personally, and they would refuse to obey any order to do so. Those people who live in other parts of the country, particularly metro areas such as Chicago and New York, have a legitimate reason for some concern. Like Mojo84, I would like to see the actual breakdown of how many times these SWAT/SRT units were actually deployed for high risk robbery and hostage incidents, as they were originally purposed for, vs. serving search and arrest warrants...no-knock or otherwise. THAT is my big concern..the overuse of the special units, in unecessary situations, just because they have all the equipment and toys and they want to use them.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

carlson1
Posts in topic: 12

Post by carlson1 »

talltex wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Thoughts on NRA's new video on police and military?
I disagree with the argument the video presents to justify the increasing militarization of the police departments.
:iagree: "It is never right to do wrong so you can do right!"

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SQLGeek »

Just wanted to drop back in and say congrats on graduating and getting hired. Stay safe out there and good luck on your field training!
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Thoughts on these Safariland Level 3 holsters?

https://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.as ... AF-6365-XX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.galls.com/safariland-7ts-736 ... 5h4bvldV1M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, what is the STX finish look like?

I'm going to go nylon on my duty rig, what are some good brands of nylon that will last?
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Open face handcuff and mag holders or regular snap pouches?
5/20-Plastic in hand.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 12

Post by carlson1 »

nightmare69 wrote:Open face handcuff and mag holders or regular snap pouches?

The Nylon Cases I have seen were Velcro. I would defiantly want them cover with snap or Velcro, but not open.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”