Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

carlson1
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by carlson1 »

gigag04 wrote:Nylon can also be rejuvenated with black shoe polish ;)
Does the shoe polish not rub off on to your uniform shirts and pants?

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

Maybe but ours were such a dark shade of navy it wasn't noticeable. I only did it on outward facing parts of cuff cases that would get torn up from the car seat. A little bit goes a long way.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

Made a 93 on my TCOLE test. On my way to be sworn in.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

gigag04 wrote:Maybe but ours were such a dark shade of navy it wasn't noticeable. I only did it on outward facing parts of cuff cases that would get torn up from the car seat. A little bit goes a long way.
I haven't tried this, but black leather dye might reduce the ruboff problem.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

You are on a roll. Keep up the good work. Levelheadedness and good discernment will serve you well in your new career.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

nightmare69 wrote:Made a 93 on my TCOLE test. On my way to be sworn in.
Congratulations again - you're on your way!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Congratulations! I pray you have safe and full career.

It is time to go 10-41!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Excaliber wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Maybe but ours were such a dark shade of navy it wasn't noticeable. I only did it on outward facing parts of cuff cases that would get torn up from the car seat. A little bit goes a long way.
I haven't tried this, but black leather dye might reduce the ruboff problem.
I've used sole dressing on items such as this in the past to clean up some worn areas or flaws.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Congratulations!! All of the studying and hard work has paid off. Now you can REALLY start the learning process!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

nightmare69,

Congratulations!

You'll make a fine officer.

I'm happy for you!!!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

You need to PM everyone your name and department. Since we have prayed you all the way through this Academy thing you can't write us tickets. :rules:

:lol:

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

Thanks everyone so much. It's been a long journey and now I'm officially a Texas peace officer. I ordered my firearm today and next week when it come in ill post pics. My first day is Friday and I can't wait. Thanks again guys for all the advice and wisdom.

I will not write a fellow CHL a ticket so none of y'all have anything to worry about.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Don't forget us and leave the Forum. You have to keep us updated about all you are getting yourself I go. Again congratulations! Obvious you have worked very hard.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Seems like just the other day you were facing lots of unknowns and much uncertainty. Isn't it amazing how and how quickly it worked out?
Last edited by mojo84 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 53

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:Thanks everyone so much. It's been a long journey and now I'm officially a Texas peace officer. I ordered my firearm today and next week when it come in ill post pics. My first day is Friday and I can't wait. Thanks again guys for all the advice and wisdom.

I will not write a fellow CHL a ticket so none of y'all have anything to worry about.
Nightmare69 - I am happy for your success and wish you the best on your new career. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”