LEO Shoots Cruiser

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LEO Shoots Cruiser

Post by WildBill »

texanjoker wrote:
talltex wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Not sure what this post has to do with Texas CHL

This is an inherent risk when making a rifle patrol ready as that requires one to press the trigger, in the real everybody is not as perfect as those in here, :smilelol5:
It didn't have anything to do with Texas CHL...that's why he posted it under LEO Contacts & Bloopers. If the protocol calls for carrying it with empty chamber in the vehicle, then failing to remove the round from the chamber and subsequently shooting the patrol car definitely qualifies as a blooper in my book. Doesn't have anything to do with "those in here" being perfect...just the kind of careless mistake that happens to LEO's and non LEO's alike. That's why it's called an accident.[/quote

: if I wanted to read this nonsense everyday I would visit an anti Leo website..... :tiphat:
In my opinion this type of comment widens the gap between law enforcement and the people.
Pointing out a mistake made by an LEO does not constitute LEO bashing or make this forum the equivalent of an anti-LEO forum.
Many comments about this incident were made in jest, and would have been made if this happened to a hunter or other non-LEO.

The majority of the forum members welcome the contribution of current and former LEOs.
Personally, I welcome their insight that they have obtained from their training and years of experience.
I have learned many things about the law, traffic stops, search warrants, probable cause, TABC regulations, tactics, etc from the LEO forum members.
Explanations of police procedures such a making a firearm "patrol ready" serve to educate forum members rather than divide us. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Not my assigned area but I find no LEO Bashing in this by the members.
Texan Joker, I find no posts here that are nonsence. Get you fellings off your sleeves. The guy had a accidental/neglegent discharge & is supposed to be trained above that. We can all learn from what has been posted.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by howdy »

The OP is a former Federal LEO so no LEO bashing from me!!
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

jmra

Post by jmra »

texanjoker wrote:
talltex wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Not sure what this post has to do with Texas CHL

This is an inherent risk when making a rifle patrol ready as that requires one to press the trigger, in the real everybody is not as perfect as those in here, :smilelol5:
It didn't have anything to do with Texas CHL...that's why he posted it under LEO Contacts & Bloopers. If the protocol calls for carrying it with empty chamber in the vehicle, then failing to remove the round from the chamber and subsequently shooting the patrol car definitely qualifies as a blooper in my book. Doesn't have anything to do with "those in here" being perfect...just the kind of careless mistake that happens to LEO's and non LEO's alike. That's why it's called an accident.[/quote

: if I wanted to read this nonsense everyday I would visit an anti Leo website..... :tiphat:
Your dog dying didn't have anything to do with Texas CHL but yet you posted it on the forum and we all felt your pain. The road conditions on your trip for your daughters college visit didn't have anything to do with Texas CHL but everyone was happy to share any knowledge they possessed that might be of assistance to you.
Not everything on the forum has to be related to CHL. Nor does posting errors made by professionals constitute bashing. What it does do is help us amateurs understand that anyone can make a mistake and sharing others mistakes might help us from making the same ones.
This forum has evolved into something much more than only Texas CHL. It has become a community, a family of sorts where we can share our experiences, our joys, our pains, pieces of our lives with like minded individuals.
People may come here for CHL knowledge, but it's not why they stay.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

When the cop's fellow officers ragged on the cop that shot his car by mistake, were they "cop bashing"? I imagine they were merciless when gigging him for such as mistake.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

mojo84 wrote:When the cop's fellow officers ragged on the cop that shot his car by mistake, were they "cop bashing"? I imagine they were merciless when gigging him for such as mistake.
You could safely bet everything you own on that premise. BTDT. :evil2: "rlol"
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”