First time being nervous while carrying!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: First time being nervous while carrying!

Post by jbarn »

Keith B wrote:I usually tell new folks carrying it's wise to avoid all donut shops until comfortable being around LEO's while armed. :evil2:
Here in South Texas that would be Taquerias. :lol:

My dad was a Highway Patrolman/ Sergeant and then worked for the Dallas County Sheriffs Office. I was always around LE growing up, then at 21 I went to work for a PD. I have friends at all levels of LE, local, state, federal....... I am just comfortable around LEO's. There was only 4 years since I was 21 that I could not carry. I don't even think about the fact that I am carrying when I am around on duty LEO's. I do around off duty ones, it seems I carry more often than some of them.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

It grows on you with time.

This afternoon, Mrs. Oldgringo and I went to a retirement reception for the guy who owns our little informal shooting range. While talking to the County Sheriff, I noticed the barrel of his gun peeking out from under his vest. He knows we are licensed, did he notice my piece peeking out from under my vest? If he did, he didn't comment on it. The host's wife and I hugged, I know she felt the gun. She, btw, is the County Attorney.

The point of this, as has often been said, is that nobody notices and nobody cares....as long as you're :cool: about it. You go around acting a fool with any gun, licensed or not, and you will get noticed and somebody will care - big time. :smilelol5:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:The point of this, as has often been said, is that nobody notices and nobody cares....as long as you're :cool: about it. You go around acting a fool with any gun, licensed or not, and you will get noticed and somebody will care - big time. :smilelol5:
I take it that you don't usually walk around wearing a banana suit. :anamatedbanana
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:It grows on you with time.

This afternoon, Mrs. Oldgringo and I went to a retirement reception for the guy who owns our little informal shooting range. While talking to the County Sheriff, I noticed the barrel of his gun peeking out from under his vest. He knows we are licensed, did he notice my piece peeking out from under my vest? If he did, he didn't comment on it. The host's wife and I hugged, I know she felt the gun. She, btw, is the County Attorney.

The point of this, as has often been said, is that nobody notices and nobody cares....as long as you're :cool: about it. You go around acting a fool with any gun, licensed or not, and you will get noticed and somebody will care - big time. :smilelol5:
I take it that you don't usually walk around wearing a banana suit. :anamatedbanana
I don't wear the suit..... "rlol"

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Oldgringo wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:It grows on you with time.

I don't wear the suit..... "rlol"
Polyester leisure suit?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”