Grayson County DPS

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Grayson County DPS

Post by pcgizzmo »

Just going to be honest here and say I speed on a daily basis. Sometimes more than others. I think our speeds are too slow in some areas and actually too fast in others but usually when I'm speed I'm going with the flow of traffic.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Just as 'concealed is concealed', speeding is speeding. :roll:

Topic author
Sparky3131
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sparky3131 »

I usually do scan ahead looking, but was on the phone with a customer and had just hung up.

As for just not speeding? Probably not going to happen, My territory is Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. I drive 1500+ miles a week for work and I'm usually pretty ready to get where I need to go. Though I don't normally exceed the speed limit THAT bad. I really deserved the ticket and don't mind taking my medicine when I have to. I just need to make sure I don't get distracted and stay off the phone whenever possible.
A man who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Sparky3131 wrote:I usually do scan ahead looking, but was on the phone with a customer and had just hung up.

As for just not speeding? Probably not going to happen, My territory is Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. I drive 1500+ miles a week for work and I'm usually pretty ready to get where I need to go. Though I don't normally exceed the speed limit THAT bad. I really deserved the ticket and don't mind taking my medicine when I have to. I just need to make sure I don't get distracted and stay off the phone whenever possible.

Kudos for manning up and admitting wrong over a simple speeding ticket :thumbs2:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Cruise control. Enuff said.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jmra

Post by jmra »

anygunanywhere wrote:Cruise control. Enuff said.

Anygunanywhere
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:

Anygunanywhere
If I used cruise control in my daily commute, I would probably crash into dozens of people.
NRA Endowment Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

WildBill wrote:
jmra wrote:

Anygunanywhere
If I used cruise control in my daily commute, I would probably crash into dozens of people.
But do you drive 1500 miles a week through 3 states? The OP has to be on a lot of open road to rack up those kind of miles.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:
WildBill wrote:
jmra wrote:

Anygunanywhere
But do you drive 1500 miles a week through 3 states? The OP has to be on a lot of open road to rack up those kind of miles.
What OP? :oops:
NRA Endowment Member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

WildBill wrote:
jmra wrote:

Anygunanywhere
I use it on my morning commute to work. I set it below the limit and all the late for work people hauling whatever doing 10-20-30 over the limit pass me. I listen to tunes or news and get to work in plenty of time.

I do understand your comment though.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Oldgringo wrote:Just as 'concealed is concealed', speeding is speeding. :roll:
I gotta agree with this. On the few occasions I have been pulled over for speeding I WAS speeding. Treat the LEO with respect and hope for the best. They are just doing their job.

Stuff happens. Take responsibility for your own actions.

:totap:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I used a radar detector from 1976 through 2005.

Then I got popped twice by laser within 30 days. Instant on, no chance to avoid the tickets. At the first beep, I was already nailed.

That is when I realized that the radar detector gave me a false sense of security. I put it in a drawer at home and switched to setting my cruise control at 8 mph over limit. I've never been stopped at 8 over, and have been around many police cars running radar in the last 9 years. The only time I'll go faster than 8 over is if I am on a rural interstate and there are multiple cars in front of me and behind me all going at a certain speed. I will blend with the pack, but I will not lead the train (nor be the caboose).
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jbarn
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jbarn »

I think most folks know that most LE agencies allow 10ish over. However, be aware that at speed limits of 70 and over a whole bunch of them only have a 5 MPH tolerance.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

jbarn wrote:I think most folks know that most LE agencies allow 10ish over. However, be aware that at speed limits of 70 and over a whole bunch of them only have a 5 MPH tolerance.
When I got my ticket (first one in over 28 years) from Richardson, I looked up the fine amount. They don't even show fines for anything less than 10 over. Unfortunately I was doing 15 over. :oops:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”