Pearland PD stop with expired DL

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Kodiak101
Posts in topic: 1

Pearland PD stop with expired DL

Post by Kodiak101 »

Last week I was on the way to the PSC range with my buddy and the truck was stocked with our pistols and ARs. As I'm driving I pass by a parked Pearland Cop and he instantly pulls out. You know that feeling when you know you're getting pulled over?? Well sure enough the lights go off!

It used to make me extremely nervous. Now I don't really care. Just be polite and I won't get a ticket. I've been pulled over multiple times in the past two years and have never gotten a ticket. But this day I'm in trouble. See my inspection sticker has expired by 5 months and my license expired by a week. My buddy can't stop laughing, you're getting a big ticket. I bet him $50 I get off.

The officer comes to the car and asks if I know why I was pulled over? I hand him my CHL and DL and say no idea sir. He asks where my weapon is and I tell him in the backseat, we're going to the range. He states that my inspection sticker is very expired. I tell him I'm sorry but my DL is as well. He actually laughed and said why did I let them expire? "honestly sir I just haven't gotten around to it". Is there something wrong with the vehicle? No sir, it's a 2011. Ok I'll be right back.

My buddy is all over me, telling me he'll get me from jail on this beautiful Sunday. After a long two minutes, the office came back with my CHL and DL and told me to get that inspection done and to have a great day!

My streak continues! Thanks to Pearland PD for being a great guy!

txcharvel

Re: Pearland PD stop with expired DL

Post by txcharvel »

You just be livin' right. I rarely get pulled over, but when I do I always get a ticket. Must be Austin. :roll:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Kodiak101 ,

"I've been pulled over 'multiple times' in the past two years and have never gotten a ticket."

So, why are you pulled so often?

Speeding?

Is the truck a low rider?

Change lanes unnecessarily a lot?

I find it interesting that you're pulled over often and I've been pulled over once in a lifetime of driving. Not bragging about what a goody-goody driver I am (I'm not) but, being pulled over multiple times says something interesting.

What say you?

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

Abraham wrote:I find it interesting that you're pulled over often and I've been pulled over once in a lifetime of driving. Not bragging about what a goody-goody driver I am (I'm not) but, being pulled over multiple times says something interesting.

What say you?
Thinking the same thing. I drive pretty aggressively and have been pulled over here once in the last decade (because I was stopped at the light next to a police car and had an expired inspection).

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Hmm, if I'd been the cop, I would have given you the ticket due to 2 things being expired. :evil2:

Hope you used that $50 towards being legal. ;-)
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

That $100 you had attached to the CHL probably helped :biggrinjester:

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sorry he should have hooked you up. Having expired tags and License is a great excuse for your insurance to cancel on you if you have an accident. :banghead: :banghead: Where I stand being 5 months over is without excuse unless you have been deployed .
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Deltaboy wrote:Sorry he should have hooked you up. Having expired tags and License is a great excuse for your insurance to cancel on you if you have an accident. :banghead: :banghead: Where I stand being 5 months over is without excuse unless you have been deployed .
Nice response to a 6 month old post. :totap:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Keith B wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:Sorry he should have hooked you up. Having expired tags and License is a great excuse for your insurance to cancel on you if you have an accident. :banghead: :banghead: Where I stand being 5 months over is without excuse unless you have been deployed .
Come on Keith, cut him some slack, he may have been deployed... :biggrinjester: "rlol"
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Keith B wrote:
Honestly sir, he just hadn't gotten around to posting earlier. :cool:
Psalm 91:2

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Sounds like a ticket might have been the best idea to maybe emphasize the importance of getting a round tuit more often.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

ripnbst

Post by ripnbst »

SQLGeek wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Honestly sir, he just hadn't gotten around to posting earlier. :cool:
I see what you did there. :lol:

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”