Bexar count deputy arrested for murder

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
texanjoker

Bexar count deputy arrested for murder

Post by texanjoker »

I swore we had a thread on this last year but couldn't' find it. Investigations take time and they arrested the deputy this past week. He is about to be fired as well. This was an off duty deputy in uniform. I do like how they add they made a phone call to his home and it was disconnected without comment. DUH "rlol"
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A South Texas sheriff's deputy has been indicted on a murder count in the fatal shooting of a motorist after a minor traffic accident in San Antonio.

Bexar (BAYR) County sheriff's Deputy Anthony Thomas was indicted Thursday in the August 2013 death of Mathew Jackson. He was released on $50,000 bond, but a statement from the Bexar County Sheriff's Office says he's been placed on paid administrative leave until his dismissal can be processed.

Read more: http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/247818 ... z2uUHWCy3W" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by texanjoker on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SAPD officer arrested for murder

Post by srothstein »

Just for technical accuracy, the officer was a Bexar County Deputy Sheriff, not a San Antonio Police Officer. While the article is clear, the thread title is inaccurate.
Steve Rothstein

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

Details details. Not important. ;-)

Wish there was more information as to why the deputy thought the guy needed shootin'.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

srothstein wrote:Just for technical accuracy, the officer was a Bexar County Deputy Sheriff, not a San Antonio Police Officer. While the article is clear, the thread title is inaccurate.

yeah got caught up working and messed up..corrected.

Oldgringo

Re: Bexas count deputy arrested for murder

Post by Oldgringo »

Where is Bexas county?

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

texanjoker wrote:
srothstein wrote:Just for technical accuracy, the officer was a Bexar County Deputy Sheriff, not a San Antonio Police Officer. While the article is clear, the thread title is inaccurate.

"Bexas count"??? :biggrinjester:
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

jimlongley wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

Yeup....You need to FIX it again
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Some sage advice from texanjoker in another thread.
Very true. When I worked for a state agency as a investigator I had to show writing samples at the interview. A good investigator and officer is known by their paper.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Previous reporting:

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/a ... 813504.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/a ... 039904.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USAF 1982-2005

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

ELB wrote:Previous reporting:

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/a ... 813504.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/a ... 039904.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks but I do not subscribe so I can't read them.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

mojo84 wrote:

Odd. I don't subscribe either, I just googled them up.
USAF 1982-2005

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

ELB wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Odd. I don't subscribe either, I just googled them up.

Gotta be the NSA :bigear: .

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

jimlongley wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

That is what we Austinites call Bexar county :thumbs2:

Gonna have to go work some traffic and write about 20 tickets to make sure I spell cities correctly :coolgleamA:

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Gonna have to go work some traffic and write about 20 tickets to make sure I spell cities correctly.

It reminds me of the 2 Texas troopers who pulled over a car for speeding in Nacogdoches, Texas.

The trooper writing the ticket was stumped since he didn't know how to spell Nacogdoches.

His peer said "Just put down Lufkin - that's close enough!" :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Gonna have to go work some traffic and write about 20 tickets to make sure I spell cities correctly.

It reminds me of the 2 Texas troopers who pulled over a car for speeding in Nacogdoches, Texas.

The trooper writing the ticket was stumped since he didn't know how to spell Nacogdoches.

His peer said "Just put down Lufkin - that's close enough!" :-)

SIA
That is good!
:thewave

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”