First contact: very disappointing but I'll take it!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jayinsat
Posts in topic: 5

Re: First contact: very disappointing but I'll take it!

Post by jayinsat »

Topbuilder wrote:I was pulled over last week for "failure to signal a turn" , while in a turn lane...
I handed the officer both cards and insurance slip. He asked if the firearm was "in the vehicle", I said yes. He then asked me to step to the back of the truck/trailer for "officer safety" . The smart alec in me thought 'if I were going to shoot you, would I do it after you have all my IDS'?, and I then said "yes sir".
I was wearing overalls (working). Normally I am CC... he asked if the firearm was in the vehicle. If I were CC I would have kept CC to the back of the trailer. I got a "verbal" but later thought about whether his intention was to separate me from my firearm or he just wanted a better visual on me since his view was blocked by my gooseneck cattle trailer? If I were CC I do not think I was obligated to answer "shoulder holster" when asked "in the vehicle" or am I splitting hairs? :headscratch
Well, me personally, I would have made it clear at that point that it was on my body. I say this based on my own life experience as an African American male who does not want to be face down in the pavement and to hopefully keep it a positive experience.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

getamap
Posts in topic: 2

Post by getamap »

jayinsat wrote:fortunately, the wise half prevailed.
At least you have a wise "half!" A lot of people are running around with 1/4 or less :???: :lol:
-Mike

getamap
Posts in topic: 2

Post by getamap »

Topbuilder wrote:I was pulled over last week for "failure to signal a turn" , while in a turn lane...
A lot of times stops like this are really a "choose your own adventure" book. If you are calm and cooperative then you're good to go. If you start arguing, making comments, and being difficult... then you're earning tickets for violations that are usually just used to stop a vehicle and see if Mr. Thug Money is inside. So, annoying as it is, I think it is definitely better to just go along with it and get it over with than butt heads and drag it out.
-Mike

BigBangSmallBucks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

I can't say I envy you, I've been carrying almost 3 years and still haven't made "1st contact."

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”