First contact: very disappointing but I'll take it!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jayinsat
Posts in topic: 5

First contact: very disappointing but I'll take it!

Post by jayinsat »

This weekend I had the pleasure of marrying my oldest son to a wonderful young lady in Galveston. That is, I performed the ceremony. The next morning, we stopped at the Waffle House for some bfast, parked the rental and went in to eat. The place was packed as their were three proms that same night and all the prom goers seemed to have stayed at the adjacent super 8. I decided to wait out in the parking lot for my turn. As soon as I stepped out, I heard a loud crunch. A teen driver parked next to me had cut too soon and ripped off the front bumper of my rental van with the side of his truck. We were both backed in the spaces.

Needless to say, I called 911 to file a claim. It was while I was waiting for them that I realized I was about to have my first LEO contact while carrying. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I had my licenses out along with proof of insurance. I was ready for whatever questions he may have. I was a little afraid he'd put me on the ground or something. I was even prepare for that. What happened? Nothing! He didn't even ask my name. He just shoved some self-reporting form in my hand, mumbled some instructions and walked away. The nerve of him. Didn't he know I wanted a juicy tale for the guys (and gals) on the forum? I had half a mind to yell after him "hey, I have a gun and license" but, fortunately, the wise half prevailed. So, that was it. I stood there, dejected, license in hand, gun on my hip and no selacious tale. Oh well, maybe next time. :thumbs2:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First contact: very disappointing but I'll take it!

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Awesome LEO! They should all go exactly like that...
III

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

Next time may you b face down in the pebbles. :biggrinjester:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

Wodathunkit wrote:Next time may you b face down in the pebbles. :biggrinjester:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :leaving
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Dori

Post by Dori »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Awesome LEO! They should all go exactly like that...
If they show up for a tender bender it seems the least they could do is fill out the paperwork.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Dori wrote:
If they show up for a tender bender it seems the least they could do is fill out the paperwork.
Private property accident. In our town, that gets you a "are you injured, do you need me to call for a wrecker, and fill out this form if you want to, cause we won't be doing an accident report and your insurance company will figure out who's going to pay whom".
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

n5wd wrote:
Dori wrote:
Private property accident. In our town, that gets you a "are you injured, do you need me to call for a wrecker, and fill out this form if you want to, cause we won't be doing an accident report and your insurance company will figure out who's going to pay whom".
:iagree:
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Good encounter. Thanks for sharing.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

n5wd wrote:
Dori wrote:

Yup.. It is a waste of tax payer resources to write a non injury traffic accident on private property.

Topic author
jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

texanjoker wrote:
n5wd wrote:
Dori wrote:

Yup.. It is a waste of tax payer resources to write a non injury traffic accident on private property.
I don't care about the report. I wanted to be asked for ID so I could show my CHL! :rules:
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

jayinsat wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
n5wd wrote:
Dori wrote:

I don't care about the report. I wanted to be asked for ID so I could show my CHL! :rules:

Make sure you show the CHL badge with the ID :thumbs2:

Topic author
jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

texanjoker wrote:
jayinsat wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
n5wd wrote:
Dori wrote:

Make sure you show the CHL badge with the ID :thumbs2:
Won't need to. It will be prominently displayed on the sash around my shoot-me-first vest.
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

biomass1

Post by biomass1 »

My first contact was with a LEO in Moody, Texas. I handed over my DL and CHL and he never even asked if I was carrying. Just for my own information: When the LEO runs your plates, does it pop up that you have a CHL?

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

biomass1 wrote:My first contact was with a LEO in Moody, Texas. I handed over my DL and CHL and he never even asked if I was carrying. Just for my own information: When the LEO runs your plates, does it pop up that you have a CHL?
Not that I'm aware of, when we run your DL it will show if you have a CHL.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

I was pulled over last week for "failure to signal a turn" , while in a turn lane...
I handed the officer both cards and insurance slip. He asked if the firearm was "in the vehicle", I said yes. He then asked me to step to the back of the truck/trailer for "officer safety" . The smart alec in me thought 'if I were going to shoot you, would I do it after you have all my IDS'?, and I then said "yes sir".
I was wearing overalls (working). Normally I am CC... he asked if the firearm was in the vehicle. If I were CC I would have kept CC to the back of the trailer. I got a "verbal" but later thought about whether his intention was to separate me from my firearm or he just wanted a better visual on me since his view was blocked by my gooseneck cattle trailer? If I were CC I do not think I was obligated to answer "shoulder holster" when asked "in the vehicle" or am I splitting hairs? :headscratch
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”