Starting Police Academy

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
1s1k52
Posts in topic: 55

Re: Starting Police Academy

Post by 1s1k52 »

nightmare69 wrote:That is the reason big departments are not my cup of tea. They seem to wanna dictate every aspect of your life both on and off duty.

I have to use whatever I buy and my department supplies the ammo. I like it cause I can buy what I'm most comfortable and effective with. My AR-15 is the coolest in the department.
The AR guidelines are basically either buy a colt or buy a RRA and leave it alone ha ha.
(insert clever signature here)

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

mojo84 wrote:
1s1k52 wrote:Training is going..ok..I guess. My current trainer tells me to drive the opposit way when something serious comes out. Soooo needless to say I am being trained by the finest. We sit in the car a lot and do nothing.

I'm curious about this statement. Can you elaborate?
Anything that won't just be a minor report we avoid. If we are rolling around around the corner from an armed individual with a knife call we head the other direction. I pulled up to two seperate traffic stops to cover in case they needed it because I saw lights while rolling around and my trainer got frustrated with me. It was put down on my review that I did it once before in a positive manner so ???

I was sitting at the station once and a "major disturbance" came out within a block and I was instructed we were staying put.

My first trainer would have said the report can wait let's go. Had I been by myself I would have gone and finished the accident report later.

Look I know I am new to this gig but I have common sense. Laziness is laziness regardless the profession. Just my opinion.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

I had a feeling that's what you meant but wanted to make sure. That's very disappointing.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 25

Post by nightmare69 »

Do you have to complete your reports before you go home each night? We do and sometimes I'm in the office half my shift on the computer. Fun fun.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

mojo84 wrote:I had a feeling that's what you meant but wanted to make sure. That's very disappointing.
Yes it really is.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

nightmare69 wrote:Do you have to complete your reports before you go home each night? We do and sometimes I'm in the office half my shift on the computer. Fun fun.
Of course. I have spent half a shift plus OT lol.

gemini
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gemini »

Anything that won't just be a minor report we avoid. If we are rolling around around the corner from an armed individual with a knife call we head the other direction. I pulled up to two seperate traffic stops to cover in case they needed it because I saw lights while rolling around and my trainer got frustrated with me. It was put down on my review that I did it once before in a positive manner so ???

I was sitting at the station once and a "major disturbance" came out within a block and I was instructed we were staying put.

My first trainer would have said the report can wait let's go. Had I been by myself I would have gone and finished the accident report later.

Look I know I am new to this gig but I have common sense. Laziness is laziness regardless the profession. Just my opinion.[/quote]

Thanks. And I'm sure there are others on the job (hopefully) that feel the same way.
Can you say what division/substation you work out of? That's a lucky community .

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Someone posted this video of a DPD officer being called a racist for arresting a black male. I did not know yall had a segway patrol.

Warning: Language

Kudos to the officer for keeping his composure.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I cannot get a direct link off Facebook for the video.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

gemini wrote:Anything that won't just be a minor report we avoid. If we are rolling around around the corner from an armed individual with a knife call we head the other direction. I pulled up to two seperate traffic stops to cover in case they needed it because I saw lights while rolling around and my trainer got frustrated with me. It was put down on my review that I did it once before in a positive manner so ???

Look I know I am new to this gig but I have common sense. Laziness is laziness regardless the profession. Just my opinion.
Thanks. And I'm sure there are others on the job (hopefully) that feel the same way.
Can you say what division/substation you work out of? That's a lucky community .[/quote]

Northwest CH5 covers from HWY 75 WEST to Luna RD in Irving and 635 to south cuts off about oak lawn I think.

My division has every race and "class" of people

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

nightmare69 wrote:Someone posted this video of a DPD officer being called a racist for arresting a black male. I did not know yall had a segway patrol.

Warning: Language

Kudos to the officer for keeping his composure.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I cannot get a direct link off Facebook for the video.
I saw it and yes he did. I messages them and told them id find out out more if I could.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

Nightmare69

I use our issue DAK Sig 226. To use anything else you have to buy it. A class mate bought a SA/DA for about 950.00 at discount. To much moving functions for me. I don't want decockers and all that. When we qualify you have to run it at re double action stage etc.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

1s1k52 wrote:Nightmare69

I use our issue DAK Sig 226. To use anything else you have to buy it. A class mate bought a SA/DA for about 950.00 at discount. To much moving functions for me. I don't want decockers and all that. When we qualify you have to run it at re double action stage etc.
You can get it for around $800-850 from Top Gun Supply with your LEO discount. I chamber a round then de-cock it and holster. The first trigger pull is DA unless you pull back the hammer manually. After the first shot the hammer is cocked back and in SA. Only way to run it DA all the time is to de-cock it after every shot. The trigger pull in SA is short and smooth.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

nightmare69 wrote:
1s1k52 wrote:Nightmare69

You can get it for around $800-850 from Top Gun Supply with your LEO discount. I chamber a round then de-cock it and holster. The first trigger pull is DA unless you pull back the hammer manually. After the first shot the hammer is cocked back and in SA. Only way to run it DA all the time is to de-cock it after every shot. The trigger pull in SA is short and smooth.

To much money for me. Especially for a pistol I'm not a fan of. I can buy two Glocks out the door for that much.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

Hope everyone is doing well. Training is going ok. Before anyone ask I was off duty when our headquarters was attacked. I didn't think morale here could get any lower, but I was wrong lol. Departments not doing any kind of proactive advancements on securing our stations or anything. Aside from the normal life struggles I just try and get in the gym as much as possible and pretend I know what I am doing. I have got my mile down to about 8-9 minutes without being out of breath much at all. That's a big deal to me considering I started with only being able to run a mile in about 11-12 minutes at best but completely smoked afterwards.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

1s1k52 wrote:Hope everyone is doing well. Training is going ok. Before anyone ask I was off duty when our headquarters was attacked. I didn't think morale here could get any lower, but I was wrong lol. Departments not doing any kind of proactive advancements on securing our stations or anything. Aside from the normal life struggles I just try and get in the gym as much as possible and pretend I know what I am doing. I have got my mile down to about 8-9 minutes without being out of breath much at all. That's a big deal to me considering I started with only being able to run a mile in about 11-12 minutes at best but completely smoked afterwards.
That's great on keeping in shape. I've gone to work 4 12hr days and I don't go to the gym on work days, too tied. I work 4 on and 4 off night shift which is ok but I would rather have consist days off vs rotating days. Other then that glad to see you're doing well.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”