Contact With Fort Worth PD

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 1

Contact With Fort Worth PD

Post by jamminbutter »

Had a very great contact with six Fort Worth officer's this afternoon.

I observed two young men climbing into the 2nd story front window of the home across the street and when the first reach the top he threw down a hatchet. I did not recognize them as residents and it appeared that no one was home.

Within just under five minutes six officers converged and checked out the situation. It ended up being kids in their mid teens who staying there temporarily were bored and thought it would be fun to "rock climb" through the window.

Afterwards the officers came over to speak with me and thanked me for contacting them versus confronting them myself (Told the dispatcher that I have a CHL but I am in the house and would not be armed upon officer contact).

While it ended being nothing they never know that going in...So a big thank you to them for placing themselves on the front line.

nightmare69

Re: Contact With Fort Worth PD

Post by nightmare69 »

Fort Worth PD is a high speed department. I and another deputy had the pleasure to have dinner with the Fort Worth city Marshall last month. He sent us a letter saying how welcoming we were to a perfect stranger along with a challenge coin.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

gigag04

Re: Contact With Fort Worth PD

Post by gigag04 »

No need to tell the dispatcher you have a CHL - it gets too easy to confuse them with unnecessary info. They are entering a paraphrase of what you say so it gets jumbled easily when the officer is ready the call notes on the way over.

Over than that, good eye.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”