LEO Contact!!! No Big Deal!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
birdman253
Posts in topic: 1

LEO Contact!!! No Big Deal!

Post by birdman253 »

I had to call the local police department to file a report for vandalism. The officer came out, looked over the signage that was spray painted, and then came and found me on the property. He asked for my ID, so I handed him both my TDL, and my CHL. I told him I was armed, and he said, "Good!" He finished getting the information he needed for the report, and said he would have extra patrols in the area. No fuss, no drama. Just the way it is supposed to work.

Now, if they can just catch whoever painted on our sign!

Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LEO Contact!!! No Big Deal!

Post by Rrash »

If you look back at the reports of LEO contact through the years, its clear that LEO's are becoming more comfortable with CHL's, as is the general public.

From my experience last year, the LEO who pulled me over for speeding, looked at my two licences said, "You got yer CHL?"

"Yes sir," I replied. "Its on my right..."

"Mmmnnnhh." I was interrupted by a country grunt of indifference, and he headed back to his vehicle to run everything. There seemed to be no concern on his part, and it continued as just a routine stop. Unfortunately, I was not a lucky one who got off with a warning, but small town speed traps don't really have mercy on anyone. I paid the fine and have driven a lot slower through his town since.

Even today, WFAA had a "What do you think about" Baylor's Student Board approving CHL's on campus Facebook post. The comments were about 75% in favor of carrying on campus. Here's the link: http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/te ... /15880889/

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”