New Mexico Traffic Stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

New Mexico Traffic Stop

Post by TresHuevos »

I was stopped on I-10 east Saturday morning by New Mexico State Police. No muss, no fuss. It went like this:
NMSP: Good morning sir, I'm Officer Redacted from the NMSP, the reason for the stop is I clocked you going 83 in a 75 and this is a Safety Corridor (It's a New Mexico thing where I guess they figure there are more accidents on certain stretches and fines are doubled). Can I see your license and insurance please?
Me: Yes sir. (I handed him my DL, insurance and CHL even though by NM law it isn't required) I am armed please let me know how you would like to proceed.
NMSP: (Looks at everything) You're armed?
Me: Yes sir.
NMSP: Carrying a handgun?
Me: Yes sir
NMSP: Concealed?
NMSP: (Looks at everything again) Ok, don't show me yours and I won't show you mine.
Me: Sounds like a deal officer
NMSP: (Looks at everything again) It's pronounced Huevos?
NMSP: Mr. Huevos you're receiving a verbal warning for your speed. Please be safe on your journey and thanks for your service.

He never even ran my name for warrants etc. Too easy.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

mojo84

Re: New Mexico Traffic Stop

Post by mojo84 »

No rancheros jokes?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

isa268

Post by isa268 »

TresHuevos wrote: Me: Yes sir. (I handed him my DL, insurance and CHL even though by NM law it isn't required) I am armed please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Monday morning quarterbacking. I would have started with "I'm a legal Texas concealed handgun license holder...." to calm his fears. but other then that you did well.
SW1911SC, SW642, M&P Shield 9mm, Caracal F, SuperNova Tactical, M&P22, SKS, AR15, Tavor, Winchester .22lr.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

My guess? He was looking for drugs. The speeding was just an excuse.

Good deal all around.

"Slow down there sonny!" Image
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”