My Oops! A positive outcome......

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 2

My Oops! A positive outcome......

Post by bilgerat57 »

I was helping to set up a flag display at a recent funeral for an EMT. I was unaware that my motorcycle vest had raised and then snagged on my Glock. When I felt a tug on that side, I spun around to find an officer standing next to me. :shock: With a small grin he asked "You do have your CHL on you, correct?" Glancing down, I realized what had happened and that he had simply pulled out the vest to cover the weapon. I told him "yes, would he like to see it?" He just shook his head, and said "No, you don't seem stupid to me." and walked away. Won't hear me complain about that! *grin* :thumbs2:
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My Oops! A positive outcome......

Post by cb1000rider »

Good report!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

bilgerat57 wrote:I was helping to set up a flag display at a recent funeral for an EMT. I was unaware that my motorcycle vest had raised and then snagged on my Glock. When I felt a tug on that side, I spun around to find an officer standing next to me. :shock: With a small grin he asked "You do have your CHL on you, correct?" Glancing down, I realized what had happened and that he had simply pulled out the vest to cover the weapon. I told him "yes, would he like to see it?" He just shook his head, and said "No, you don't seem stupid to me." and walked away. Won't hear me complain about that! *grin* :thumbs2:
Good that you we're not in Levelland.
Last edited by anygunanywhere on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

But what about all those innocent bystanders that were inadvertently shot because there was a gun present? Why did he not charge you for disorderly conduct due to the mass hysteria that was created by the presence of an evil gun?

:biggrinjester:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bilgerat57 »

mojo84 wrote:But what about all those innocent bystanders that were inadvertently shot because there was a gun present? Why did he not charge you for disorderly conduct due to the mass hysteria that was created by the presence of an evil gun?

:biggrinjester:
Considering the number of Police, Sheriff Deputies, Firefighters and EMT's around, the hysteria was muted...... :lol:
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for the post. It's an excellent example of how the vast majority of LEO's support CHLs.

Chas.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

I had something very similar happen in the office, where I was talking with a co-worker, and another co-worker, who saw my grip, pulled my shirt over to conceal my firearm. Nobody was the wiser, and I texted him later to thank him.

I've done something similar, where I noticed a younger gentleman who was new to carrying, and gave him some helpful concealment advice. He was a little surprised to see that I saw he was carrying.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”