Pulled over twice in two days...

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Happily Ever After
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pulled over twice in two days...

Post by Happily Ever After »

Twice in two days sounds like a SA failure. :mrgreen:

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

Range etiquette... um... don't cut the barb wire, don't chase the cows, and leave gates as you found them?

:biggrinjester:

As far as speed limits go, some are indeed quite arbitrary, and some accurately reflect an appropriate speed on the road given the conditions. I'll "fudge" my spedometer by ~5mph when it's obviously an arbitrary number set only for revenue generation, but I'll only go so far; "professional courtesy" goes both ways, including the courtesy of not giving the radar cop a reason to notice me in the first place. Other times, I'll go under the posted limit, simply because -I- am not comfortable driving at the limit under the conditions.

All that being said, I absolutely abhor the idea of traffic tickets. Either something is wrong, or it's not; with a payable ticket, you're simply demanding people pay an indulgence to the state for exceeding an arbitrary number.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I got stopped by a sheriff's deputy a couple days ago on my way home from work. I had just gotten my car out of the repair shop after hitting a deer ---causing $7200 worth of damage. It was dark and I was staying in the left hand lane hoping to get a little more reaction time if a deer darted out onto the road. I wasn't speeding. Suddenly lights come on behind me and I pulled over. He asked where my gun was and I told him ....right hip. I'd started out with both hands on the wheel, inside lights on, but unconsciously had let my left hand drift down onto my thigh. I was suddenly aware of it and moved my hand back to the top of the wheel and he expressed his appreciation. He pulled me over for driving in the left lane. I explained why I wasn't returning to the right lane...got a verbal warning.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

That's interesting that he stopped you for that. I encounter people driving 10-15 mph below the speed limit in the passing lane regularly on I-10 between Boerne and San Antonio. Have even seen cops and troopers pass them on the right without stopping them. Drives me nuts.

On another note, I got stopped again the other night. This time a headlight was out due to a recent deer hit. Cop asked where my gun was and I told him. He said he was going to just give me a warning. I asked if he minded if I got out and checked on the light while he was printing my warning since I still had a ways to gets home in deer country. He said sure. There was just a connection loose. Was finishing up and had my light working when he returned with my warning. I thanked him and shook his hand as we parted ways.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”