Pulled over twice in two days...

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Pulled over twice in two days...

Post by suthdj »

TexasVet wrote:
suthdj wrote:Not to highjack but can somebody explain "Condition 1" and "Condition 4" I never heard it before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper

Condition Four: Chamber empty, empty magazine, hammer down.
Condition Three: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down.
Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down.
Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.
Thanks, it sounds like he had to much time on his hands, if all weapons should be considered in condition zero then having 5 conditions is pointless. :evil2:
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

mojo84 wrote:I suspect many may transport weapons (rifles, pistols and shotguns) in condition 4. I know I do when I'm headed to and from hunting or shooting range.
Thanks, that makes sense. I was thinking more of CC. :thumbs2:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Topic author
TVGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TVGuy »

mojo84 wrote:I suspect many may transport weapons (rifles, pistols and shotguns) in condition 4. I know I do when I'm headed to and from hunting or shooting range.
Correct, I had a loaded weapon in the console and the others were in my range bag in the back seat w/ rifle in the trunk. No reason to have all loaded.
Last edited by TVGuy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:
joe817 wrote:Those are the stories I like to hear! Thanks for sharing! :txflag:
I prefer not to hear stories about people breaking the law and driving unsafely, putting their own tardiness above the welfare of innocent people, and then having the police do nothing about it. But glad the interaction vis a vis the firearms was professional and went well.
Let me be clear, it is a 4 lane highway (each direction) and hardly anyone else was around. I'd say the average speed of the others was around 75. It shouldn't be posted as a 60.

That having been said, I've been pulled over only one time in ten years other than this and haven't had a wreck in 20+. I drive safely on a regular basis.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

TVGuy wrote:
Correct, I had a loaded weapon in the console and the others were in my range bag in the back seat w/ rifle in the trunk. No reason to have all loaded.
All of mine are always loaded because firearms are always loaded. :tiphat:

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

carlson1 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
All of mine are always loaded because firearms are always loaded. :tiphat:
Touché.

I treat them all as if they are loaded, but in actuality three of them were not.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:
suthdj wrote:Not to highjack but can somebody explain "Condition 1" and "Condition 4" I never heard it before.

Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.
Why would anyone carry "condition four"? You might as well just carry a rock or a hammer. :confused5
The OP had it in a range bag in condition 4. Condition 1 in a range bag would be stupid.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

Why would anyone carry "condition four"? You might as well just carry a rock or a hammer. :confused5
The OP had it in a range bag in condition 4. Condition 1 in a range bag would be stupid.
I guess that is an opinion because I don't see it that way.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

:tiphat: Taking a hot pistol or two to the firing line in a range bag might not be proper etiquette. Most ranges want bolts open and chambers empty. YMMV.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

:tiphat: Taking a hot pistol or two to the firing line in a range bag might not be proper etiquette. Most ranges want bolts open and chambers empty. YMMV.
I guess I live a sheltered life. :smilelol5:

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

What condition is the gun in if it doesn't have a hammer? :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

jmra wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

Or doesn't have a safety? :biggrinjester:

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

anygunanywhere wrote:
jmra wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

It is in condition Glock.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Topic author
TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

anygunanywhere wrote:
jmra wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

A glock
(or any other gun) without external safety and that is striker fired is considered condition one with a full mag and one in the chamber.
Last edited by TVGuy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
txglock21 wrote:
TexasVet wrote:

Thank you for the response, but I had acknowledged that I was only thinking about concealed carry. Yes, there are many times you would keep guns unloaded, such as storage or multiple carry to the range. :cheers2:
txglock21 wrote:
Thanks, that makes sense. I was thinking more of CC. :thumbs2:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”