Pleasant Contact with Aransas Pass Pd!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pleasant Contact with Aransas Pass Pd!

Post by Rex B »

This is true. A few years back I was headed to my FFL (after dark) to pick up a new pistol. The shortest route was down a farm road next to Alliance Airport, 35 mph limit. And I did just fine until I looked ahead and saw the light was green. So I hit the gas for a minute, until I realized I could not make it in time, so I slowed back down.
Unfortunately, in doing so I had passed a Sherriff's deputy running radar. He hit the lights, and I pulled over on the next wide area I came to. I was uncharacteristically dressed in a sportcoat and slacks, and my car was spotless. He told me I had set a record for the highest speed he had ever clocked on that stretch - 73 in a 35 :shock:. I gulped and we both chuckled. He did ask me to disarm ("Get out and lay it on the seat, please"). Nice guy, let me off with a verbal warning.
I make it a point to drive 35 on that stretch of road every time, even when I know there are no LEOs working it.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”