McKinney traffic stop - very friendly

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
robster
Posts in topic: 1

McKinney traffic stop - very friendly

Post by robster »

McKinney PD LEO pulled me over as I was leaving my neighborhood to let me know my headlight was out. I had noticed the headlight myself about 90 seconds earlier when I started my car, so I knew what was going on as soon as he lit up. I pulled over, grabbed my wallet out of my pants pocket, placing it on the dash in plain sight, and I put my hands on the wheel. He walked up, told me that this was a "courtesy" stop to let me know about the headlight, and sent me on my way without even asking for my ID. That last part surprised me because I figured my license plate would be marked in their system with the famous asterisk, causing him to at least run an ID check.

Even though I already knew my light was out, I appreciated this LEO for politely calling it to my attention. (New bulb goes in tonight!) Kudos to the LEOs who act with professionalism while not knowing what the next traffic stop or other incident will bring.

This added probably less than a minute to my drive this morning.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: McKinney traffic stop - very friendly

Post by joe817 »

A pleasant encounter robster. Well done, and welcome to the forum! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”