Motorcycle New Law 1/1/2015

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Motorcycle New Law 1/1/2015

Post by Jaguar »

E.Marquez wrote:
Jaguar wrote:I have a 2000 Suzuki Intruder 1400 that was designed without, and is still without, "handholds for use by the passenger." It has a back seat and foot pegs for a passenger, and was designed to carry more than one person.
So it would appear the 2000 VS1400 motorcycle was designed and manufactured with hand holds.
hand Hold VS1400.jpg
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/S ... parts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Frame Handle Grip"
Part 1 & 2
1 41610-38B00 GRIP, FRAME HANDLE RH
2 41620-38B00 GRIP, FRAME HANDLE LH
handhold.jpg
It also appears many riders of those models cover up (or hang from) the hand holds with saddle bags and such.

If your motorcycle does not have those hand holds, please post your model number (or better yet PM me the VIN)
This is not to flame you in any way.... but if a bike was not designed with hand holds (have not found one yet) I want to know.

Thanks
Okay, yes it has the frame handle grip - I never knew that was what they were and the few passengers I have given rides to just held on to me. Learn something new everyday. Oh, I do have them covered with saddle bags, but the bike is equipped with them so I'm good to go.

Thanks, JAG
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”