brazoria county sheriffs dept

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

brazoria county sheriffs dept

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Truck broke down at intersection on a busy road. I called brazoria county sheriffs dept to direct traffic till tow truck came. Night time and my truck is black. Highway 60-70 mph w/ stop lights. So I was concerned for safety of other drivers. I jumped out and found a good distance from road. Flashers on, but still worried.

Don't know what to make of him asking for my id. But he did. Prior to asking for id he makes a comment, do I know you? I know you from somewhere, he said. I said nope don't know ya. I gave him both DL & CHL, He looked at both as if he was trying to find which one was the DL. He found my DL and called it in. Gave back the chl, then later gave back DL. Didn't ask if I was armed. I was.

Now about three months earlier my wife broke down w/ her car in the middle of a different road in pearland. She was armed. Pearland PD comes to direct traffic but never asked her for id.

I suppose he was in his rights to ask for my id since I called them and I was the driver w/ the broken down truck.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

The Annoyed Man

Re: brazoria county sheriffs dept

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This doesn't sound like that unusual of a contact to me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmra

Post by jmra »

I was told by a LEO friend that some deptmartments require officers to include such information anytime they respond. He claimed detailed reports for each call helped justify manpower. May just have been the department he worked for...
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Just sounds like a officer doing a good job.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

I agree, just sounds like an officer verifying owner of the vehicle. Glad you had a safe encounter.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”