Wife's contact with San Antonio PD.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

bigity
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wife's contact with San Antonio PD.

Post by bigity »

jmra wrote:
Munk wrote:I am really beginning to hate San Antonio...
I learned to hate SA 30 years ago during basic training. :mrgreen:
I went through right before Christmas time thank goodness. I feel for the poor suckers who enlist in April-October. :lol:
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TxRVer »

tomtexan wrote:
TxRVer wrote: Probably the reason I hadn't heard of it, although I noticed the Ellis county town of Maypearl is on the list.
That caught my eye too. Maypearl, of all places. :shock:
It's been twenty years or more since my last visit to Maypearl.
It was barely a spot on the map back then.
One of my high school classmates still resides there.
It shocked me too. Wasn't surprised to see Arlington on there though.
Maypearl is still barely a spot on the map, but they have a cool looking roadhouse/steakhouse downtown I want to check out.
bigity wrote:
jmra wrote:
Munk wrote:I am really beginning to hate San Antonio...
I learned to hate SA 30 years ago during basic training. :mrgreen:
I went through right before Christmas time thank goodness. I feel for the poor suckers who enlist in April-October. :lol:
That poor sucker would be me. Went to Lackland July 26, 1974. At least PT was conducted in the shade of the dorm's overhangs when the temp hit 100 degrees.
Charlie

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

It wasn't Texas and it was before global warming, ;-) but I went to boot in Great Mistakes in July '83 and a guy in my company died from heat stroke. We had several of those 100+ days in July and August where they weren't allowed to do PT or forced pushups or anything. With no A/C in the barracks there were times when all we had to do was sit in our barracks in shorts and t-shirts and get to and from chow.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by winters »

cb1000rider wrote:
VMI77 wrote:At my company, if you're driving a company vehicle and get caught using a phone while the vehicle is in motion: you're fired..
Where I am, you're expected to be 24/7/365. I'm pretty sure I'd be hung if I was on a 3-hour cross country and didn't read my texts.

Note, I'm not for texting and driving - but the laws are goofy. I can use factory navigation, but can't use navigation with my phone? I've got a motard motorcycle which is probably on the ragged-edge of street legal. It's speedometer IS my GPS-enabled phone. In some municipalities, I can be ticketed for having the speedometer "on"? Really?

And then we've got cars with Heads-Up-Displays...
I drive 5 hours to offsite places and the whole time I have my company cell phone off. Company rules so someone doesn't like it then tough.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”