Weird Encounter in Louisiana… not sure if 'real'

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mcscanner
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Weird Encounter in Louisiana… not sure if 'real'

Post by mcscanner »

I think calling 911 is appropriate too. I seem to recall in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area some persons have been pulled over by a person impersonating an officer. Don't recall if any kind of crime was committed against the person stopped.

I don't know all the elements of the crime of impersonating office, but it sure seems like the guy with the phone should have a face to face with a sworn officer. I am betting a couple of agencies in this area would like a lead like that.

Mike
The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Javier730
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Javier730 »

mcscanner wrote:I think calling 911 is appropriate too. I seem to recall in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area some persons have been pulled over by a person impersonating an officer. Don't recall if any kind of crime was committed against the person stopped.

Mike

Impersonating a police officer and unlawful detainment at least. If the person was moved any distance while being detained by this person it should be kidnapping.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Scott in Houston »

Good points guys. Lesson learned.
I can definitely say, I would never let an unmarked car pull me over. Even if it's a slightly marked car (like lights hidden behind dark windows), I'm not pulling over without confirming by phone that it's a legit stop.

He wanted me to move out of his way from what I can tell. I don't think he was trying to pull me over.

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

I wouldn't move over for someone with a cell phone app that blinks red and blue. Sorry but that doesn't cut it as an emergency vehicle. As someone said just use the *lsp. A real emergency vehicle is going to be lit up like a Christmas tree all over not just through the windshield. If they are unmarked good luck even getting me to slow down.I drive between Houston and baton rouge often I know there is enough police for this guy to get pulled over quickly.

gemini

Post by gemini »

ScottinHouston, I think the guy was just wanting to pass you and being a jerk about it.
As far as unmarked vehicles go.... I have friends who are firemen in the city, they live in the
country and also are part of the volunteer FD in their area. When they get a call for help, they
are usually in their personal vehicle, maybe feeding cows or doing fence work etc. They all
keep little emergency light bars behind the seat. Plug them in when responding and either
throw it on the dash or stick it on the roof. I think the light bars look like a kids toy. But, they
seem to work. Flashing cell phone? No.

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

Three clues:
"Traffic was solid in all 3 lanes."
&
"The left lane was moving the fastest, so I was in the left lane."
&
"He just drove along and finally exited."

My vote is on impatient jackwagon who engaged in some very questionable tactics to try and get you to move out of the faster lane during heavy traffic so he could get by and go on, giving you a passing dose of road rage when you didn't.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

I went to school with a guy named Larry - teacher's pet. They often used Larry as an example for us. He dressed conservatively, clean cut hair style, made great grades, sang in choir and had the voice of an angel.

After HS he worked at the same refinery I did. We would often pass one another and he would snob me. He married a beautiful friend of the family and had a child; became the choir director at his church, and was loved by all. Larry was perfect.

He also became known as one of the biggest rapist in the county.

He worked shift work and when going home at night he would stick a flashing light on the top of his Gran Prix and pull single women over pretending to be a narcotics LEO. He raped several women using the flashing light/LEO guise. The crazy goof ball would generally take his victims to a motel, rape and rob them and leave. If he wouldnt have robbed his victims he probably would have gone longer. One of the motel clerks identified him as he was a semi regular "guest". :lol:

What shook me hard was there were times my wife dropped me off at work and drove the same route at the same time Larry was.

Many years later a few of us stopped at a drive in after a golf game & Larry was working the counter. One of our group knew him and spoke highly of him - said he was involved in his church and was the choir director. I asked him if he knew of Larry's past and he said, "Oh yes - but Larry stood up in church confessed and repented. He is a fine man and we trust him" . I told the guy to be wary and he replied in some fashion to imply that I had a problem and should follow the teachings of Jesus & forgive. (Dont you just hate condescending holier than thou types?)

About 6 months later ole Larry was caught doing the same thing again!
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

gemini

Post by gemini »

{quote Jim Beaux} "Many years later a few of us stopped at a drive in after a golf game & Larry was working the counter. One of our group knew him and spoke highly of him - said he was involved in his church and was the choir director. I asked him if he knew of Larry's past and he said, "Oh yes - but Larry stood up in church confessed and repented. He is a fine man and we trust him" . I told the guy to be wary and he replied in some fashion to imply that I had a problem and should follow the teachings of Jesus & forgive. (Dont you just hate condescending holier than thou types?)"

You gave good advice. And, btw, to confess and ask forgiveness is nice; and to forgive is certainly a great
Christian attribute we should all strive to do. However, "to forget" ? No. God may forgive your sins but he
does not forget. Thus the final judgment. Your forgiven but....... we will all have to answer. :tiphat:

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

No, In no way shape or form was this guy in the PU truck a LEO or anything else of importance. Just some knucklehead, thats all...

However, with all the weirdo's in the world, I would have allowed him to pass and not draw even more attention to myself from a chowderhead like this.. I used to drive a 18 wheeler cross country for 16 yrs and I can tell you, there are a lot of loose cannons out there...

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”