Pulled over for the first time w/ CHL

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 2

Pulled over for the first time w/ CHL

Post by uthornsfan »

On my way from Austin to Arlington to meet up with an old Air Force buddy and to go to the Rangers game. Was going through Lorena talking to my passenger not paying attention and got tagged at 81 in a 70.

Lorena officer was polite and efficient. Asked for license and insurance to which I informed him that my insurance was in the glove box with a firearm. He stated that if the only thing I touched was the insurance we wouldn't have a problem. Grabbed the insurance and 5 minutes later I was on my way and soon to be a little lighter in the wallet.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pulled over for the first time w/ CHL

Post by oohrah »

Lorena is a friendly little town but they do like to patrol I-35.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

IHSTREF
Interstate Highway Small Town Revenue Enhancement Fund :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Very nice. Is it safe to assume that you showed the CHL first and that put him a little more at ease to allow you to go into a compartment containing a firearm to retrieve your insurance? Other than the ticket it sounds like a great stop.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by uthornsfan »

C-dub wrote:Very nice. Is it safe to assume that you showed the CHL first and that put him a little more at ease to allow you to go into a compartment containing a firearm to retrieve your insurance? Other than the ticket it sounds like a great stop.
Correct. I handed him my dl and chl and stated insurance was in glovebox with the firearm.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”