Nephews encounter with LEO N. Dallas

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Aggiedad
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Nephews encounter with LEO N. Dallas

Post by Aggiedad »

EEllis wrote:That's great that the officer is pro chl but where the heck does he or any cop get off by lecturing about anything not pertaining to legal issue? My carry is my business carry-or not. He's a cop not a parent. Not a buddy. We're not hanging out he is making a custodial stop.
Way to turn a positive post and experience into a negative one. This is exactly why I rarely post anything on this forum.

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by EEllis »

Aggiedad wrote:
I'm sure the cop assumed that, since the gentleman had a CHL, he wasn't anti-gun. Nothing wrong with a little small take amongst two human beings with a common interest.
That wasn't the point I was trying to make. What if the cop saw the person had a CHL and instead of saying "always carry a gun" he instead lectured on some anti gun viewpoint. The stop and interaction is viewed in a positive light not because of what the cop did but the topic he chose to lecture on. That is a bad precedent to me.

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by EEllis »

not every may get the humor so I'm removing my post
Last edited by EEllis on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

This thread started as a very positive one, but it has turned to the dark side. While I liked the OP's post and the first few positive responses, I'm through with this thread now, and will no longer engage.

I encourage all participants to re-read the link below before responding to the negative conversation that's taking place on here. I'm sure that if it continues, at least one person will be sanctioned before it's all said and done.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78080
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”