Kind of a non-contact actually

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ralewis
Posts in topic: 1

Kind of a non-contact actually

Post by ralewis »

I've had a CHL for about 12 years now, and my primary method of carry has been pocket carry for most of those years. I've recently begun carrying holstered (Kahr PM40 -- so smaller gun) and have been experimenting with carrying holstered with just a colored T-shirt.

Well, my wife and I went to lunch yesterday at a place in North Austin and I was carry holstered and wearing a T-shirt. In the place were 3 Austin cops having lunch. When we were leaving the 3 Austin cops were just outside the door talking before getting back in their cars. For a few seconds I felt like that very first time I carried out in public many years ago where I was certain everyone was watching me. Of course it was a complete non-event, and as I passed between the 3 of them they just said hi and politely let us pass thru.

When we got in the car, I told my wife that I guess this was a pretty effective carry method since 3 LEO's who I passed within 2 feet of didn't notice.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”