Pct 4

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Grisu
Posts in topic: 1

Pct 4

Post by Grisu »

First off, yes I was speeding. Yes, it was at night and I passed a slower vehicle on the right. Both tickets were justified. I pulled off the main road into a subdivision entrance as I saw the Christmas tree illuminate behind me.
Both kids were peacefully asleep in the back. Kept hands on the steering wheel after retrieving my wallet and did not move as the officer approached. Handed both ID's to him, he asked if I was carrying, I confirmed, he asked where it was and I stated location. Unfortunately I could not get to Ins paper without getting too close to the piece so I asked him to pull my phone out of my chest pocket of my jacket. Did so with two fingers, pulled up insurance app and showed him. He was happy, wrote me the ticket and lectured me about the kids sleeping in an unsafe manner for a bit (again he was right). No problem with him, his behavior was pleasant and he was very professional and (as far as a traffic stop goes) pleasant.

Thanked him for his service as I departed with a well deserved ticket.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pct 4

Post by bmwrdr »

Grisu wrote:First off, yes I was speeding. Yes, it was at night and I passed a slower vehicle on the right. Both tickets were justified. I pulled off the main road into a subdivision entrance as I saw the Christmas tree illuminate behind me.
Both kids were peacefully asleep in the back. Kept hands on the steering wheel after retrieving my wallet and did not move as the officer approached. Handed both ID's to him, he asked if I was carrying, I confirmed, he asked where it was and I stated location. Unfortunately I could not get to Ins paper without getting too close to the piece so I asked him to pull my phone out of my chest pocket of my jacket. Did so with two fingers, pulled up insurance app and showed him. He was happy, wrote me the ticket and lectured me about the kids sleeping in an unsafe manner for a bit (again he was right). No problem with him, his behavior was pleasant and he was very professional and (as far as a traffic stop goes) pleasant.

Thanked him for his service as I departed with a well deserved ticket.
Oh oh, that reminds me at my youth! :nono:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”