positve encounter with Cleburne Officer

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

positve encounter with Cleburne Officer

Post by crazy2medic »

I was pulled over by Cleburne P.D. yesterday for my inspection stick (check engine light issue), officer walked up on passenger side, I had the window down by the tme he got there, wife handed him the Insurance card, I told him my DL and LTC were in my wallet back left pocket, told him my pistol was on my left hip, he said ok, I reached back and got my wallet, handed him my DL and LTC, he looked at my LTC and handed it back, looked at my insurance card and DL handed them back, advised me get my inspection sticker done and let me go. I think this went well because I was upfront with him before ever reaching for anything!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

loktite

Re: positve encounter with Cleburne Officer

Post by loktite »

Both he and you handled the situation correctly .... now get that inspection taken care of ;-)

Having some separation between wallet and gun might be a good idea, if you can manage to change wallet habit slightly. But otherwise, well done. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

randy634
Posts in topic: 2

Post by randy634 »

Good to hear. As an officer, I have had many encounters with LTC holders. This is how 99% go. Good job.
“More important than your obligation to follow your conscience, or at least prior to it, is your obligation to form your conscience correctly.” – Justice Scalia

stash

Post by stash »

Well that was a good stop. What I do not understand is, I thought the state inspection sticker as we knew it was a thing of the past with this new Texas two step thingy. I have not had a inspection sticker on my truck for about 3-4 months when I scrapped the old one off.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

stash wrote:Well that was a good stop. What I do not understand is, I thought the state inspection sticker as we knew it was a thing of the past with this new Texas two step thingy. I have not had a inspection sticker on my truck for about 3-4 months when I scrapped the old one off.
This is true. OP can remove that sticker, but needs an inspection before registration renewal.
Charlie

KC80

Post by KC80 »

It depends when the last inspection was done, my wife still has one on her vehicle sense it was done before the registation. Until he has had his new inspection done for his new registration the old one has to stay on. As far as the CEL, stop by any auto parts store and have them run the codes. They can also clear it and it may stay off long enough to get an inspection. Probably an 02 sensor. Good luck!
:seeya:

randy634

Post by randy634 »

The violation comes from when the old sticker is displayed. It depends on jurisdiction and what the DA or JP wants. You are still required to have your vehicle inspected and present the paper copy of the inspection results when requested. Some larger cities have the inspection violation as a city ordinance as well. Remove the old sticker and get your inspection taken care of as soon as you can.
“More important than your obligation to follow your conscience, or at least prior to it, is your obligation to form your conscience correctly.” – Justice Scalia

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Harris County has a web site for auto registration sticker information at onesticker.net to tell when you are due and how to go about it.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

My pickup registration was renewed in July and the inspection expired in October. I took it in for inspection and the inspector just removed the old sticker, and said I had a grace period until July to get it inspected again.
Charlie

trdvet

Post by trdvet »

Not illegal to display an expired inspection anymore.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”