Oops! You gotta put that on the right way

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oops! You gotta put that on the right way

Post by LSUTiger »

No offense to our Military and LEO but in my experience, they are some of the least knowledgeable about guns and gun gadgets.

Early in my learning about guns I turned to ex military and LEO family/friends and without fail none of them didn't know squat about squat.

They knew what a gun was and which end to point at the bad guy but ask them how an AR15, AK47, 1911, Glock, aimpoint, eotech, optics.......works and some of the finer point such as gas systems, triggers, springs, weights, parts, pieces, configurations, how to use optics, how to zero a rifle with out shooting 500 rounds of ammo much less what their rifle were zeroed at, the list goes on and on and I was alway disappointed at their collective lack of knowledge of common small arms and small arms issues.

I'm just a self taught couch potato and I know more than 99.9 of the gunstore bubbas behind the counter and the average military and LEO guy/gal.

I had to explain to a policeman the other day at a gunshop why an AR15 full auto bolt was legal to own and the differences between the M16 Full Auto and AR15 semi-auto fire control groups. Not to mention why you would want to have a full auto bolt and how to tune buffer weight/spring weight and gas system for better performance in an AR15. Don't get me started on the NFA items. Most can't spell NFA and don't know what it is.

I think I should qualify for honorary "operator" status. Heck, I even learned all about MOA, Mils and how to use a Mildot reticle all by myself. Guestimating left and right adjustments (windage for us "operators") still gives me fits but I pretty good with up and down (elevation for us "operators"). Gravity is predictable, wind is not. Unless you are Chuck Norris, he tells the wind which way to blow and how hard.

I haven't done lots of things but I do watch a lot of youtube videos and I may be slower than I used to be but I'm still fearless and stubborn as ever. Urine, vinegar and youtube experience goes a long way. :biggrinjester:
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”