No Parking Zone!!!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
texaseyes
Posts in topic: 1

No Parking Zone!!!

Post by texaseyes »

This was taken ver batem from a local newspaper here in Houston County.

Seized vehicles are vandalized
Houston County Courier - July 2007
By Daphne Hereford
Managing Editor

Five seized vehicles that were parked behind the Crockett Police Department were reportedly vandalized over the weekend of June 30 - July 1.
According to a Courier source, the windows were broken out of the vehicles and the stereos had been removed. The vehicles included a GMC Jimmy, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and Oldsmobile.
Information received by the Courier indicated the vehicles were part of property seized during recent arrests and were parked behind the police station while officials processed the necessary paperwork to sell them.
According to Houston County District Attorney David Cervantes, the property stolen from the vehicles was valued at approximately $1,500.
As part of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, property such as vehicles, cash and real estate associated with the commission of a felony can be seized and sold by law enforcement.
As of press time Tuesday, the Crockett Police Department had not provided any information regarding the incident, investigation or suspects in the case.

When I need to go by there, I am going to park in the front from now on.
For this reason, as well as many more, it should be mandatory to have a CHL in our neck of the Boogerwoods! :roll:
The world is a dangerous place to live....not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it!
~~~Albert Einstein~~~

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No Parking Zone!!!

Post by KD5NRH »

texaseyes wrote:According to Houston County District Attorney David Cervantes, the property stolen from the vehicles was valued at approximately $1,500.
I wonder what window replacement costs in that area. I can get one done on my Subaru for about $150 here, but in Dallas, it would have gone over $200 at most shops, and that doesn't count cleaning the broken glass out of the carpet and upholstery, or any other repairs needed, so it sounds like they could probably charge the damage alone as felony criminal mischief. Valuing the stereos at $300 each is a bit more of a stretch unless there was some serious gear in there.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”