Contact with Tool PD

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Contact with Tool PD

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Sorry to hear about the ticket. If I may make a suggestion, get yourself a radar/lidar detector. I typically do not intentionally speed either, but like you, sometimes my attention wanders and I find myself exceeding the speed limit. The alerts sounded by the radar detector help to keep me honest. Every time I hear it, my first glance is to my speedometer, and then after that, to try and locate the source of the radar emission. Most of the time, it's not a cop; it's a building security system, or one of those automatic door openers, or something like that which sets it off. But......once in a while..... it has saved my bacon. The first two or three times that happened, it MORE than paid for itself.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

koine2002 wrote:I was pulled over the other day on Texas 274 near Tool. I was carrying. I work in hospice as a chaplain. Everyone on my team (nurses, social workers, CNAs, marketers, volunteers, office workers, etc.) gets pulled over around Cedar Creek Lake a couple times a year. I don't have cruise control so I sometimes end up speeding (as I really try not to). That happened last week to me for the second time. The officer was friendly and did not bat an eye with my LTC other than asking where it was. He did thank me for my cooperation and courteousness. However, that, the LTC, and the "I'm on my way to bring comfort to a dying person and his family" when asked what I was doing around the lake (I live in Dallas) did not result in no ticket. Oh well, I haven't been ticketed in 9 years. I guess I'll do the defensive driving thing.

My sister also has a lead foot and was a hospice chaplain for a number of years. Bless you for doing that work. High burnout rate I know. But, no excuse for the lead foot :mrgreen:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

koine2002 wrote:
Scott B. wrote:
koine2002 wrote:I was pulled over the other day on Texas 274 near Tool. I was carrying. I work in hospice as a chaplain. Everyone on my team (nurses, social workers, CNAs, marketers, volunteers, office workers, etc.) gets pulled over around Cedar Creek Lake a couple times a year. I don't have cruise control so I sometimes end up speeding (as I really try not to). That happened last week to me for the second time. The officer was friendly and did not bat an eye with my LTC other than asking where it was. He did thank me for my cooperation and courteousness. However, that, the LTC, and the "I'm on my way to bring comfort to a dying person and his family" when asked what I was doing around the lake (I live in Dallas) did not result in no ticket. Oh well, I haven't been ticketed in 9 years. I guess I'll do the defensive driving thing.

My sister also has a lead foot and was a hospice chaplain for a number of years. Bless you for doing that work. High burnout rate I know. But, no excuse for the lead foot :mrgreen:
Yes, there is a high burnout rate. The hospice I'm with understands the cost of training new employees so they keep us around by a very high rate of pay, allowing us to determine visit frequency and plan of care, and a very thorough "compassion fatigue" support system. It's owned by this former corporate attorney in New York who got fed up with business as usual in healthcare HR and management.

And you're right, there is no excuse for the lead foot. I filed for defensive driving yesterday.

Heck, if that corp covered another 100 miles to the SE she might go back to doing it. Sounds nothing like her old gig, they just ran them till they dropped. She still has the lead foot, but also has a collar now - doesn't always help though.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

flechero

that LEO is a TOOL

Post by flechero »

koine2002 wrote:However, that, the LTC, and the "I'm on my way to bring comfort to a dying person and his family" when asked what I was doing around the lake (I live in Dallas) did not result in no ticket.
Just my opinion but that's pretty weak by the LEO... if the guy is dying, he may have caused you to be even later by holding you there, fishing, and then to write a ticket... I'm sure there were plenty of people speeding that day that were not actually going anywhere time sensitive.

I hope you made it there in plenty of time, despite the delay.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

So, what you're sayin' is that the cops in Tool act like... tools?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”