DPS Stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

DPS Stop

Post by Lynyrd »

Got stopped by a DPS trooper on the way to work this morning. I made a couple of stops on the way to work and forgot to put my seat belt back on at the last stop. He saw it as I went by him at 55 MPH (the speed limit) while he was parked on the other side of the road! I don't know how, but he did.

Anyway, as he is walking up to the truck I pull out my wallet and hand him my LTC and DL. He looks at them and asks for my insurance card. I explain to him that it's a company truck and the insurance card is in the glove box. He watches me get out the insurance card, looks at it, then hands it back to me along with my LTC. He then explains that the reason he stopped me was that I wasn't wearing my seat belt and he was going to write me a ticket.

Never once did he ask if I was carrying, or anything at all about guns. I guess it's a non-issue these days.
Last edited by Lynyrd on Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DPS Stop

Post by mojo84 »

It takes great eyesight to maximize revenue.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:It takes great eyesight to maximize revenue.

When not attached, the seat belt buckle is at shoulder level, and susceptible to shining in the sun, or reflect headlights. Easily seen from a distance, despite drivers denial. Ask me how I know. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Jusme wrote:
When not attached, the seat belt buckle is at shoulder level, and susceptible to shining in the sun, or reflect headlights. Easily seen from a distance, despite drivers denial. Ask me how I know. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I figured that's why he saw it after I noticed the buckle hanging there as I got in the truck after work yesterday. I didn't try to lie about it, I just took the ticket.

The funny thing about this stop to me was that I've read all these stories about officers asking, "Are you carrying now? Where is your gun?" Not one question from this officer about the gun, or the license. It was like he didn't care one whit whether or not I had a gun or where it was.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Lynyrd wrote:
Jusme wrote:
Yeah, I figured that's why he saw it after I noticed the buckle hanging there as I got in the truck after work yesterday. I didn't try to lie about it, I just took the ticket.

The funny thing about this stop to me was that I've read all these stories about officers asking, "Are you carrying now? Where is your gun?" Not one question from this officer about the gun, or the license. It was like he didn't care one whit whether or not I had a gun or where it was.

Yeah, I think the novelty has worn off, along with the fact that not one LTC holder has threatened a LEO, gives them no reason to be concerned. Every LEO I have spoken with, is very appreciative of LTC holders, because they realize we are an extension of their job, and have proven to be not only trustworthy, but will have their back, if things go south, for them sometime. I think DPS officers are even more comfortable, because they are usually alone in some very desolate, places, and back up from county deputies, may be a long way off.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Glad it all went well! Well kind of... gettin a ticket sucks harry monkey femurs

Mel

Post by Mel »

Reminds me of the lady who was stopped for not wearing her seat belt. She quickly put it on while the officer was walking up to the car.
The officer asked for her driver's license and insurance, and commented, "I see that you are wearing your seat belt." "Oh Yes" she replied, "I ALWAYS wear my seat belt!" Where upon the officer asked, "Do you always wear it looped through the steering wheel like that?"
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”