Starr County

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mescobar_rpls
Posts in topic: 1

Starr County

Post by mescobar_rpls »

Well, I was pulled over in Starr County by a DPS Trooper on Friday. I passed him as I came over a ridge, he made a u-turn and turned on his lights.

I pulled over (no shoulder), rolled down the windows, turned off my truck, and pulled out my licenses (drivers and LTC) and insurance.

Trooper N. (I don't remember his name, but it started with a N): Good morning, the reason that I stopped you is that you were going a bit fast. About 74 in a 65.
Me: I am sorry, but I thought the highway was 75. (handing him my info) and just to let you know, I am armed.
Trooper N: Ok, don't reach, but where is it?
Me: I have one on my hip, one in my pocket, and one in the glove compartment.
Trooper N: Wow, what are you, a lawyer?
Me: No, I am a surveyor.
Trooper N: Alright then. Why so many?
Me: Well, I am from Central Texas and I don't like being this close to the boarder. I had to make a quick trip for a funeral and I just want to get home for my kids graduation that is tomorrow.
Trooper N: ok, let me run these and if everything is good, I will let you go with a warning.

He runs my info, and of course everything is good. When he comes back, we had a good conversation about my twin girls graduating and what they will do after graduation. One has enlisted in the Marines, the other is going to college.

About 2hrs later, I get a call from my sister who also went to the funeral. She wanted to warn me not to speed because she just got a ticket on her way home. I told her that my stop was a warning and I would have called her but I did not have phone service.

Well, I made it back home (slower than I wanted to) safe and saw my girls graduate. Life is good.

Grundy1133

Re: Starr County

Post by Grundy1133 »

Glad everything went swimmingly.
NRA Member

Allons

Post by Allons »

Glad you made it back in time for your daughter's graduation and with no ticket. Had to laugh when the trooper asked you "are you a lawyer" though, too funny.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Mel

Post by Mel »

Reminds me of the 85 year old woman who was stopped under similar circumstances. She stated that she had a .38 in her purse, a 9 mm in the console and a .45 in the glove box. The officer asker her what she was afraid of. She replied, "Absolutely nothing, Officer!"
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

And congrats on your future Marine. US Army trains the USMC field artillery. I've served with many fine folks from the USMC.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Congratulations on the graduation of your kids.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”