My wreck

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

My wreck

Post by Venus Pax »

LEO (state trooper) was very professional and did not give me any trouble regarding my CHL. He let me know that he was not at all bothered by my having a gun. He seemed to encourage drivers, especially female, traveling with a gun.
I was carrying two guns-- one in my purse and one on my body. He did not even ask about them.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Sounds like a positive encounter. Since the subject was "my wreck" and you didn't mention what happened I am assuming that it was minor and everyone is OK, correct?
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

2 good things happened for you today.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Glad the encounter went well. Sorry you had the encounter at all.

Hope everyone is okay & you have no delayed injuries.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

When I had my wreck last year, and I am reticent to call it an "accident" the responding officer almost laughed when I told him I was CHL. He said I was shaking so badly I could hardly be a threat.

What he didn't know was that I shake all the time due to a condition, related to Parkinsons, called Essential Tremor.

OTOH I was coughing so hard from the air bag smoke that I couldn't have been a threat anyway.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Will938

Post by Will938 »

State troopers seem to be a very practical bunch. The way they all act the same leads me to believe they have covered our fears pretty well in training.

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Venus Pax »

This guy was very nice. He said he's retiring in a month.

I rode in the DPS truck with him to a location up the road where the tow trucks hauled the vehicles. We talked a bit about the sad state of our judicial system that lets some of these people out in a few years for violent crime, while others stay locked up for long periods for minor offenses.

He didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable with my armed status. I imagine he's learned to tell the difference between a criminal and a law abiding citizen in his many years in law enforcement. I pray God keeps him safe for the remainder of his time with DPS and that he enjoys life post-retirement. I was very shaken after the accident, and he handled everything with class and professionalism.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Venus Pax wrote:This guy was very nice. He said he's retiring in a month.

I rode in the DPS truck with him to a location up the road where the tow trucks hauled the vehicles. We talked a bit about the sad state of our judicial system that lets some of these people out in a few years for violent crime, while others stay locked up for long periods for minor offenses.

He didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable with my armed status. I imagine he's learned to tell the difference between a criminal and a law abiding citizen in his many years in law enforcement. I pray God keeps him safe for the remainder of his time with DPS and that he enjoys life post-retirement. I was very shaken after the accident, and he handled everything with class and professionalism.
:thumbsup: Me too!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”