Oops

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Jeremae
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jeremae »

During my first week after receiving my plastic I was standing in line at a Barnes and Noble when I hear "Is that a 45 Mister?" from behind me. Terrified I have let my shirt ride up over the grip of my 1911, I bring my right hand down to fix it while turning around to apologize. Classic Soccer Mom type in line behind me says "No Timmy, That's a cell phone. I'm sorry sir, he is only 4 and currently obsessed with guns"

Just couldn't bring myself to tell her that her son could see up under my shirt at the 45 that was there but did lean down and tell him "sssh Yes its a 45 but it is a secret."
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 7

Post by BrassMonkey »

lol
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

44and45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 44and45 »

Back in 1977 we went up to Glacier Park Montana northern most lake to fish. There are park rules posted at the entrence...NO FIREARMS.

Got set up in a camp ground with our camper Pu truck, we had 3 little ones with us.

Ranger greets us and immediately warns us about the Grizzly bears in the vicinity don't get close to them, don't leave any food out.

As the ranger gets done telling us about the big bad bears, my son pipes up..."Dad has a .32 automatic, we're not worried about the bears."

The park rqnger an old timer who was wise in his elder years, believed me when I said the gun is in the PU and won't be taken out while in the park...its just for some form of protection against humankind while my family and I, are traveling on vacation.

Funny thing about about that .32, while cashing a check at a Kalispel bank for a couple of hundred bucks, an old guy probably just got out of the state pen, was watching me intently. Followed me out to my truck, and then got in his car and followed me out of town on the highway...but after about 10 miles he turned off.

Guess he thought better of bracing a family man and his kids, but who knows. The little pip squeak .32 acp was at my elbow in the door pocket.

44and45

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

44and45 wrote:Guess he thought better of bracing a family man and his kids, but who knows. The little pip squeak .32 acp was at my elbow in the door pocket.
Like this thread started out...

"Oops" would have been the exact reaction I would want out of someone assuming I was an easy mark...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”