Oops

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 7

Oops

Post by BrassMonkey »

So we are at Stonebriar today. Standing in line next to a cop. Frisco?

Blake: Can I see your gun?
Cop: Guns are not for little boys, son...
Blake: My daddy's is big
Cop: Really? (In a half laughing sorta way)
Blake: Lift up daddy's shirt and show the cop, "See?"
Daddy: Begins the process of having a heart attack...
Cop: Doubles over laughing as did half the people in line...

Doh!!!
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

elwood blooz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by elwood blooz »

Priceless!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

All I can say is, "Wish I had been there." :smilelol5:

All the children from this household have children, so the Grandones know "we do not talk to other people about our underwear." That works for kids.
They are all comfortable w/ Papa having his gun on. I open carry at home. When they ask we talk.
Three of the 4 shoot now. They all can hold Papa's too big gun if they ask.
They all shoot what they are able. They all know when they are able to handle Papa's too big gun, then they can shoot it too.
There were no safes when I grew up. There were no safes when my kids grew up. I have one but the son & daughter do not. It has worked for 3 generations.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

I am starting to dread the day I get in very big trouble. All I can do is hope for the best. Oh, and his Chipmunk came in :-) He turns 4 next Friday and he gets it then.

He handles my pistols whenever he wants. All he has to do is ask. He does not know where they are kept though. still to little. He cannot rack the slide on the Glock nor the Kimber, but he can certainly operate both triggers.

I really need to find a good safe... Cash is not always available though.

And the cop, I think he has a few grandchildren. Never came up, but just a feeling.
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

:smilelol5:

I wish I could have been there to witness that one. :grin: It's probably a good time to teach him a little bit of discretion. ;-)

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Might I suggest that you could probably earn some money with that story. Add the note about having a CHL and submit it to Reader's Digest for Life in These United States. I bet they would pay for that one just the way you wrote it here.
Steve Rothstein

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LedJedi »

oh dude... that's priceless.

I would have had a heart attack on the spot.

So glad the cop was cool about it. I guess he couldn't have done much anyway. you didn't unintentionally fail to conceal.

Just hilarious.

+1 to Longtooth on educating the kids and taking the mystery out of guns. I'm the same with my daughter.

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

[quote="

+1 to Longtooth on educating the kids and taking the mystery out of guns. I'm the same with my daughter.[/quote]

I have 2 boss men at work that both have guns at home. The first has 2 boys about 8 and 10....The second has 6 kids ranging from 1-13. Not one of them has ANY education about guns. Its a sad thing. Fortunatly, with the lack of education, all of the guns are hidden. BUT...NOTHING takes the place of education.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

srothstein wrote:Might I suggest that you could probably earn some money with that story. Add the note about having a CHL and submit it to Reader's Digest for Life in These United States. I bet they would pay for that one just the way you wrote it here.
Paul Harvey???

Good day!

:lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

This is what I submitted to Reader's Digest...

Hello,
My name is [Brass Monkey] and I have an amusing yet true experience to share. I am a State of Texas Concealed Handgun Licensee. One of the laws pertaining to holding a license is that a license holder may not "Intentionally" fail to conceal his/her handgun. This is an accurate account of an experience I had while standing in line at a very large, upscale mall in Frisco, TX. (Just north of Dallas) a couple of weeks ago. My 4 year old son's name is Blake.

Blake to Police Officer: "Can I see your gun?"
Police Officer to Blake: "Guns are not for little boys son..."
Blake to Police Officer: "My daddy's is bigger."
Police Officer to Blake: "Really?" (In a half laughing sorta way)
Blake to Police Officer: Lifts up daddy's shirt and shows the Police Officer, "See?"
Daddy: Begins the process of having a heart attack, knowing he is about to go to jail and have Blake taken away from him forever...
Police Officer: Doubles over laughing as did half the people in line...
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Topic author
BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

By the way,
We have solved this problem. Blake has been licensed by daddy to carry his own CH. He has a lime green, transparent .50 cent watergun, that he gets to carry in his pocket. He has a little 5 dollar clearance table nylon pocket holster for a Lorcin .380 he carries it in. He has not pulled it out once and is quickly losing interest. By the end of tyhe year, I think he could care less, half the time now he forgets it at home and doesn't realize it until we are halfway down the road.

He now understands that it is daddy's job to "blast the bad guys" if someone tries to hurt us. His job is to hide somewhere behind me. We have practiced this part. It is good that we did because it made me realize, when we get into a crowd or scary situation, like at the haunted house last night, he always goes to my right side and gets real close. That's the gun side so you can obviously see the problem. It is proving easier to train a dog to stay on my left then it is to train him. He has a hard head I tell you, wonder where he gets that from...
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

BrassMonkey wrote:By the way,
We have solved this problem. Blake has been licensed by daddy to carry his own CH. He has a lime green, transparent .50 cent watergun, that he gets to carry in his pocket. He has a little 5 dollar clearance table nylon pocket holster for a Lorcin .380 he carries it in. He has not pulled it out once and is quickly losing interest. By the end of tyhe year, I think he could care less, half the time now he forgets it at home and doesn't realize it until we are halfway down the road.
Man, that is a great idea! Completely brilliant in fact.

Topic author
BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

lol, thanks...
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

We have solved this problem. Blake has been licensed by daddy to carry his own CH. He has a lime green, transparent .50 cent watergun, that he gets to carry in his pocket. ...
Of all the heroes a child can have, a good parent is the best.
You're doing well, funky monkey.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Topic author
BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

Venus Pax wrote:
We have solved this problem. Blake has been licensed by daddy to carry his own CH. He has a lime green, transparent .50 cent watergun, that he gets to carry in his pocket. ...
Of all the heroes a child can have, a good parent is the best.
You're doing well, funky monkey.
Thanks Venus...
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”