DPS & Plano PD Armed Felony Stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
austin
Posts in topic: 1

DPS & Plano PD Armed Felony Stop

Post by austin »

Today my wife and I exited the Tollway Southbound on the Windhaven Exit. We stopped at the light and as the light changed we noticed two police cars with their dome lights on about 200 yards ahead.

We proceeded through the intersection and as we did three Plano PD cruisers with their lights on came from the East under the overpass and merged with the traffic behind us. I pulled over the right and the PD cars scattered the rest of the traffic and accelerated down the road.

I led the traffic as the PD cars pulled over behind the stop. I got within 30 yards of the front of the PD cars and stopped hard.

I saw a Plano PD officer and a DPS trooper behind their doors with their guns drawn. The doors of the other cars flew open and the officers drew their pistols and ran towards the other policemen.

The officers stopped and talked for a second then they rushed the truck in front of the DPS car.

I yelled at my wife that we needed to exit the cab of the truck and get behind the truck. Which we did!

When it was done they had a guy on the ground and no shots were fired.

When it was done, a Plano PD officer motioned us forward. He seemed a little irritated, but I imagine it was not at us. All the officers were sweating profusely.

Hats off to the Plano PD and DPS. They looked great.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Wow! You & your wife had an exciting day!
I'm glad everyone is okay; that could have gone really badly.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Xander

Post by Xander »

Huh...What time was that? Were you still on the southbound access road? That's all of a couple of hundred yards from my house. Exciting is right!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Putting as much metal between you and the threat axis is a great instinctive move!

You did good...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

I had passed that as well. I was going to meet carlson1 and when I passed, the gray dodge pickup was parked and the driver was hanging with arms/head out the driver window. The officer had his pistol drawn and was yelling commands. A supervisor in a tahoe/suburban pulled in behind him as I passed. I just hit the gas and got outta there.

Funny thing, it actually looked like my brother, so I called in. It wasn't but I imagine that guy has some answering to do.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”