Positive traffic stop in Murphy

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Positive traffic stop in Murphy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I was on my way home this morning at about 1:30 after playing cards with some friends, when I was pulled over in Murphy on 544.

I pulled over turned my interior light on and rolled down my window placing my left arm on the sill and my right hand at 12 on the wheel. The officer approached the car, introduced himself, and told me that he clocked me at 55 in a 35 :shock: . I immediately apologized and explained that I don't travel in that area very often and must have missed the sign for the lower speed limit. He asked me for my DL and insurance, and as soon as I handed him my CHL and DL he calmly asked if I had a pistol with me. I let him know that I had two and he said nothing. I explained that I would have to get my insurance from my glove box but there was not a pistol in there and he said fine. He asked me all of the normal questions about where I was coming from and heading to, and if I still lived at my DL address. I handed him my insurance card (which has a copy of DL and CHL on the same sheet) and he told me sit tight and that he would be right back.

It seemed like things were taking a while longer than the normal check takes so I was certain that he was writing a ticket...so much for the CHL helping me out of a ticket I thought (not that I ever really expected that). When the officer finally approached the car he handed everything back to me, told me to "watch your speed a little, be careful and have a good morning" after which I thanked him and continued on my way.

The officer was very polite and friendly and it was as pleasant of an experience as I have ever had being pulled over... especially at that time of day.

I have to assume after this experience that Murphy is CHL friendly. :grin:
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Good report, SSG!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BrassMonkey »

Sounds like it
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Yeah, that section of 544 in the vicinity of Murphy Road and544, the speed limit goes from 45 to 35, from around the church till someplace past the shopping centers. I got popped in this same area on my first week in town.

Murphy's finest let me go with a warning as well.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

SSG,

Sounds like a great encounter (not because of the warning).

I would be inclined to place a call to the department the officer represents and offer my praise for his professionalism.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

phddan

Post by phddan »

It is nice to catch a break every now and then. :grin:

Dan

BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BrassMonkey »

Do it in writing. Then he will get a gold star..
flintknapper wrote:SSG,

Sounds like a great encounter (not because of the warning).

I would be inclined to place a call to the department the officer represents and offer my praise for his professionalism.
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”