LTC 104

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 4

LTC 104

Post by AF-Odin »

Back in January I (and I assume all other Instructors) received an email from RSD about the new LTC-104 that would replace the LTC 100 and LTC 101. Their email stated that as of 1 May, 100s and 101s would NOT be accepted. I have emailed RSD 4 times asking when the form will be available (I cannot find it on RSD's site). I have NOT received an answer. We are now six weeks out from the mandatory start date and I would like to start using the new form IF IT WAS AVAILABLE. If I cannot find the form by next Monday (18 March) I will call and see as they do not answer emails.
:tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: LTC 104

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the update! I haven't seen anything either.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmorris »

Appears they've already removed the 100 & 101.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Well, I called RSD this morning and the individual with whom I spoke, though very polite, stated that the form would be AVAILABLE in May and if I have not seen it by the middle of May to call back. I told her that by the middle of May I expect to have taught at least two classes and their email stated that the LTC 100 WOULD NOT be accepted for any class taught after 1 May. Thanked her for her time and sent yet another email. Next step is that if I do not see the form on the site by mid-April, call my State Rep.
AF-Odin
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Yes, that is not an acceptable response. They either need to accept the old forms or provide us a new one in a timely manner.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Well, here we are at 25 April and RSD claims that the LTC-104 will be available ON 1 May because they do not want anyone to use it before then. We will see. I have a class 30 April (using the LTC-100)and again on 4 May (hopefully with the LTC-104).
AF-Odin
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

Thankfully, I have copies (partially completed) of the LTC-100. And a private class on April 27. In reseaching the DPS web site, I found NO way to print an LTC-100. So, it appears anyone who needs one before May 1 could be up the proverbial creek ......
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Good news.

I just received the following email from DPS:
Good afternoon,

We do not yet have the form available; its implementation has been delayed. We will send notification once it's ready and available and will accept LTC-100/101s in the meantime.

Best regards,

Regulatory Services Division
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Yep, got the same email as I am sure all instructors did. What can be so hard that they cannot get the new form done in four months?

At least I know what form to use in Saturday's class now.
AF-Odin
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Just got an email with the LTC 104.

Email indicates "The LTC-100 and LTC-101 will continue to be accepted until further notice."

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

New email today!
The new Handgun Training Certificate (LTC-104) is attached and available for use. This form combines the content of the LTC-100 and LTC-101, replacing them with a single document.

The LTC-100 and LTC-101 will continue to be accepted until further notice.

If you choose to utilize the LTC-104, please make sure to select the appropriate box in the “Classroom Instruction” section indicating LTC Instructor (in-person classroom instruction) or OCP (online classroom instruction).

As a reminder, class completion forms (LTC-8 and LTC-9) are still required and must be submitted by the instructor. All other forms and documents, including Handgun Training Certificates, must be submitted by the student.

If you have any questions, please email RSD_LRS_LTC@dps.texas.gov

Regards,

Texas Department of Public Safety

Regulatory Services Division
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Instructors' Corner”