Jan 14 thru 17 Class

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
hankintexas
Posts in topic: 4

Jan 14 thru 17 Class

Post by hankintexas »

I am enrolled in the Class in Georgetown Jan 14 thru the 17th. Anyone else? Where is the Closest "Best" BBQ? I will drive in on Monday. Anyone else from here going?

Hank
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMoo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Jan 14 thru 17 Class

Post by TMoo »

I will be going to that class. Just signed up on this forum. Just got my email yesterday.

Terry

Topic author
hankintexas

Post by hankintexas »

TMoo wrote:I will be going to that class. Just signed up on this forum. Just got my email yesterday.

Terry
where are you driving in from?
Hank Henry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art S

Post by Art S »

when I took my instructors class there, I spent a lot of time at "The Pit" :drool: 2427 Williams Dr. (512) 930-2333. Everything I tried was good.
Hope you have fun and enjoy.
Did you learn something new today and did you smile? if not, why?

Have a Great One,
Art S.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Just a short drive south to Round Rock id Rudy's.

Round Rock

2400 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX
I think this is their original location. I smoke my own but have to admit I enjoyed theirs.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Hankintexas,

When did you submit your paperwork? Mine has been in hold since late June and nothing heard. Still showing that background check is "in progress" since July. Hopefully will get an email too as that week is about the best time I could take the course with the least impact on the day-job until later in the spring.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

infoman

Post by infoman »

The ones in this class are those that applied Jan-April 2013, you won't be in this one if you applied later than that.

Topic author
hankintexas

Post by hankintexas »

AF-Odin wrote:Hankintexas,

When did you submit your paperwork? Mine has been in hold since late June and nothing heard. Still showing that background check is "in progress" since July. Hopefully will get an email too as that week is about the best time I could take the course with the least impact on the day-job until later in the spring.
My application and paperwork were submitted in March. I actually called several times to make sure they had everything required. I for some reason I do not like seeing "In Progress" month after month. When I originally called, I was told it may be into the early part of the year. So, the wait time for me is a total of 10 months. Don't give up and check your emails. You may not recognize the email address and skip over it. This is the sender to look for in your email - RSD_LRS_CHL (RSD_LRS_CHL@dps.texas.gov)

My email inbox only showed the sender as RSD_LRS_. When I first saw it - I thought it was junk mail.

I have made my Hotel reservations at the LaQuinta beginning on the 13th. Plan to have some Bar Bee Queue at several locations while there! Anyone want to meet for coffee and dinner before the class starts, let me know either here or PM me.
Hank Henry

doncom
Posts in topic: 2

Post by doncom »

I'll be there. Don't have a room yet. Where's everyone staying?

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

twomillenium wrote:Just a short drive south to Round Rock id Rudy's.

Round Rock

2400 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX
I think this is their original location. I smoke my own but have to admit I enjoyed theirs.

I've always thought of this Rudy's location as the best. The one here in Selma is not, unfortunately.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

doncom
Posts in topic: 2

Post by doncom »

I'm curious about the process after the class. Are successful students certified upon class completion or is there some waiting time for certification? And, if so, what's the approximate wait time. Thanks in advance.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

doncom wrote:I'm curious about the process after the class. Are successful students certified upon class completion or is there some waiting time for certification? And, if so, what's the approximate wait time. Thanks in advance.
After successful completion of the instructors class, you are an instructor, and can immediately begin teaching classes.
NRA lifetime member

bwilie

Post by bwilie »

I took the instructor class in June. A week after I returned, my status still said "in progress" and I was holding my instructor certificate. So don't worry about what the online status says. They will email you with an invitation to a class with the dates listed. Sometimes, it may only be a week or two in advance.

Once you attend the class, pass the written, and then go to the range and pass the shooting proficiency, they hand you the certificate on the spot. You are good to teach at that moment.
TX CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
NRA Range Safety Officer

Kellender

Post by Kellender »

Looking forward to being in the class with you guys!

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Just received my invite to the March 11- 14 Instructor Class and there was a note indicating that there were a few spots open for the class next week, if I wanted to jump on that opportunity. I'll wait, since the March 11-14 time frame is during our Spring Break, so that works out perfectly for me.

So, if you know anyone that's not gotten their invite yet, have 'em check their email right away! Deadline for responding for next week's class is noon tomorrow (Friday Jan 10).
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “Instructors' Corner”