A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

2015 Texas Firearm Instructors & Range Conference

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The 2015 Texas Firearm Instructors & Range Conference will be on Monday, July 13, 2015 from 9:00am until 3:30pm at the Green Event Center in Friendswood. The Instructor Conference and the Range Protection Conference are combined this year because many folks attending the Range Protection Conference are also instructors. The event was moved from the Double Tree Hotel to the Green Event Center for a few reasons. One reason is their excellent food and we will be including lunch at no additional cost.

This is an NRA recommended conference and the NRA will be sending an email blast to all NRA clubs and ranges as well as all NRA instructors in Texas. Seating is limited so I wanted to give Forum Members a chance to register before the official notice goes out. The Early Bird Discount ends on June 15th, so keep that in mind. You can get more information and see who will be speaking and register by going to the website conference 2015 Texas Firearm Instructors & Range Conference.

Every year I have comments from instructors from all over Texas who want to attend, but who cannot travel to the Houston area. This year the conference will be video recorded, edited and offered as a video webinar from Aug. 17th to the 31st.

If you are interested in attending, then register soon. When the NRA emails go out, it won't take long to sell out. Obviously, there's no limit to video webinar registrations.

Chas.

switch
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2015 Texas Firearm Instructors & Range Conference

Post by switch »

I tried to register. Chose PayPal and the site froze. It said PayPal would open immediately but it never did. There was no way on the site to contact anyone except for the fax number (for cancelations).

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

switch wrote:I tried to register. Chose PayPal and the site froze. It said PayPal would open immediately but it never did. There was no way on the site to contact anyone except for the fax number (for cancelations).
Thanks, I'll add a contact number. I just tested it and it works. If you have your security settings such that it won't allow a website to redirect you to another site, that could be the problem.

Chas.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Charles,

Are you arranging for any special hotel rates anywhere for those of us who have to include an overnight stay?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

n5wd wrote:Charles,

Are you arranging for any special hotel rates anywhere for those of us who have to include an overnight stay?
I'm going to try to get a lower rate from three on Hwy. 35 in Alvin. They used to do that for us when we ran the Texas State IDPA Championship for five of the six years, but ownership has changed at least twice and the last time I tried, they refused. Since it's a Monday, perhaps they will give us a special rate now. If so, I'll post the information and email everyone who registers.

Chas.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Would it be possible for any instructors who attend the course to also be able to view the webinar as part of registering? This will allow people to pick up on some items that may have been missed?
Salty1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Salty1 wrote:Would it be possible for any instructors who attend the course to also be able to view the webinar as part of registering? This will allow people to pick up on some items that may have been missed?
Sure, I'll send everyone who registers for the live conference the login information.

Chas.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: The event was moved from the Double Tree Hotel to the Green Event Center for a few reasons. One reason is their excellent food and we will be including lunch at no additional cost.
Charles,

Might another reason be that the Hilton chain (parent company of Double Tree) is renown for posting 30.06 signs? I couldn't imagine this would be good for attendance.

:lol::
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Vol Texan wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote: The event was moved from the Double Tree Hotel to the Green Event Center for a few reasons. One reason is their excellent food and we will be including lunch at no additional cost.
Charles,

Might another reason be that the Hilton chain (parent company of Double Tree) is renown for posting 30.06 signs? I couldn't imagine this would be good for attendance.

:lol::
The one at Hobby Airport never posted a 30.06 sign, either as a Hilton or Double Tree.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I wanted to remind everyone that the "Early Bird Discount" for the 2015 Texas Firearm Instructors & Range Conference closes at midnight on June 15th. Register now if you want to save $25.

Also, almost half of the people registering are not being redirected to the PayPal website to pay the Conference fee. Tech support believes this is likely due to browser security settings that prevent redirecting. They base this opinion on the fact that most folks are being redirected to PayPal. If you register and are not directed to PayPal, we'll see that and will email a PayPal "invoice" that will have a direct link to the payment page.

Thanks,
Chas.

Timba
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Timba »

I just registered, and the redirect to the PayPal site worked fine. See you there!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Timba wrote:I just registered, and the redirect to the PayPal site worked fine. See you there!
Thanks. About half of the people registering are not being redirected. I thought it was a browser security issue and it may be, but PayPal is having some technical bugs related to the breakaway from eBay. That may be a cause, either in whole or part.

Chas.

Timba

Post by Timba »

Charles, Tim Reedy here. Don't mean to be a bother, but is there a vegetarian lunch option at next weeks conference? No worries if not. Thank you!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Timba wrote:Charles, Tim Reedy here. Don't mean to be a bother, but is there a vegetarian lunch option at next weeks conference? No worries if not. Thank you!
I'm not handling that part of the planning, but I'm pretty sure lunch is a buffet so people can choose only veggies if they wish. I'll check and respond.

Chas.

Timba

Post by Timba »

Thank you sir!

Return to “Instructors' Corner”