DPS Range

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Sigirl
Posts in topic: 1

DPS Range

Post by Sigirl »

I got back last night from my CHL Instructor Renewal class and wanted to suggest that anyone going may want to buy some type of anti-fogging spray for your eye protection.

The morning we re-qualified on the range it was humid and our eye protection kept fogging up really bad, they had to let us stop a few times to clear them off.... and even then in the middle of shooting they would fog up again, I didn't let it stop me from scoring a 250 with my simi-automatic though :grin: but not so good with my revolver.
Last edited by Sigirl on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor

ThunderDownUnder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ThunderDownUnder »

Fortunately I put some anti-fog stuff on my eye pro but what I needed were windshield wipers. The Sept 11th class shot during a drizzle.

I also brought my rain gear but 1/2 of our 30+ person group had to use DPS white garbage bags for raingear :oops: .

I guess it was the rain, but everyone had a worse than normal shooting qualification. I got a 250 -semi but barely held the 9 ring and my revolver shooting was poor with two in the eight and a seven ringer :oops: for a 249.

everyone misses Starlane but I thought Jimmy Holmes did a great job.

Some of the SWAT guys helped Sgt Holmes run the line and offered some good coaching/critiques up and down the line.

J

Return to “Instructors' Corner”