Topic author
infoman
Posts in topic: 2

2023 Instructor Renewals

Post by infoman »

You will need to:
1. log in & pay online renewal fee
2. send in LTC-90 form
3. send in copy of supporting doc (NRA, TCOLE, etc)
4. send LTC-100 signed off by another instructor for Proficiency part.

then you’ll also get an online exam to complete.

for those expiring 12/31/23.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 8

Re: 2023 Instructor Renewals

Post by Tex1961 »

Yeah, still waiting for the email link for the test. Did everything last Wednesday, it’s now Monday. My understanding is that they have to do the background check first, very your prints and DL pictures are still good. Then you get the link

Topic author
infoman

Post by infoman »

correct, & you might not get link anytime soon.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Has anyone gotten anything back after renewing. Renewal application , paid, all paperwork submitted about a week or so back.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paladin »

I sent in the last of my paperwork (LTC-100) Friday and have heard nothing.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Mike S
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Mike S »

I'm thinking we won't get the link to the online class & test until after Sept 1st, since that's when most of new legislation tends to go into effect.

If I recall correctly, when we have to go in-person for the renewal class, the dates are crammed between Sept to Dec.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Mike S wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:03 pm I'm thinking we won't get the link to the online class & test until after Sept 1st, since that's when most of new legislation tends to go into effect.

If I recall correctly, when we have to go in-person for the renewal class, the dates are crammed between Sept to Dec.
Just got my email for the test.. Took it and emailed it back.. So hopefully all done...

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:48 pm
Mike S wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:03 pm I'm thinking we won't get the link to the online class & test until after Sept 1st, since that's when most of new legislation tends to go into effect.

Just got my email for the test.. Took it and emailed it back.. So hopefully all done...
Right on! I'll be watching for the email now!

Neverpanic1

Post by Neverpanic1 »

:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:
Tex1961 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:48 pm

:anamatedbanana
Texas LTC Instructor/ NRA Certified Instructor

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Anyone who has completed the test and paperwork received their recertification yet? I did min almost 2 weeks ago and nothing.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:51 am Anyone who has completed the test and paperwork received their recertification yet? I did min almost 2 weeks ago and nothing.
I haven't received the link to the test yet. I submitted the application & supporting documents on 7/14, and other than the automated confirmations of receipt haven't heard anything back.

Another instructor had noticed there was a discrepancy between the renewal email and the confirmation email in how to submit supporting documents:

The email states:
Step FOUR: Submit supporting documents through email to RSD_LRS_LTC@dps.texas.gov.

The 'Confirmation Message' states:
Please upload all items from the checklist, if applicable, through the RSD secured website.

So, on Friday I rolled the dice & emailed the doc's to RSD, just to be sure both avenues were covered.

How many Instructors have received the link to the test?

And, out of those who have submitted everything, How many haven't received the link to the test yet?

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Mike S wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:44 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:51 am Anyone who has completed the test and paperwork received their recertification yet? I did min almost 2 weeks ago and nothing.
I haven't received the link to the test yet. I submitted the application & supporting documents on 7/14, and other than the automated confirmations of receipt haven't heard anything back.

Another instructor had noticed there was a discrepancy between the renewal email and the confirmation email in how to submit supporting documents:

The email states:
Step FOUR: Submit supporting documents through email to RSD_LRS_LTC@dps.texas.gov.

The 'Confirmation Message' states:
Please upload all items from the checklist, if applicable, through the RSD secured website.

So, on Friday I rolled the dice & emailed the doc's to RSD, just to be sure both avenues were covered.

How many Instructors have received the link to the test?

And, out of those who have submitted everything, How many haven't received the link to the test yet?
I did the test on the 21st of August. I received my recertification email today. A fellow instructor got her recertification email last Friday.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Thanks much!

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Finally got back from vacation and got my paperwork together. Was great to shoot my S&W Model 19 again. I forget how smooth and accurate it is. THINK everything is uploaded now and will just wait for the link.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by howdy »

I submitted my paperwork on July 15 and my application says "still pending background check". You can check your status by going to Texas LTC, returning users...
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “Instructors' Corner”