A few logistical questions..

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
lrb111
Posts in topic: 5

A few logistical questions..

Post by lrb111 »

I have my info in to go to the instructor class in August. I need to make some arrangements as my wife will also be attending.

Can any one give me the actual location where the classes are?
Is the shooting done at a separate location?
Any motel recommendations. Economy is a premium. Being near the DPS location is a plus.

Are there are any kind of waivers, or special accomadations for handicapped individuals at the school?

What kind of notification should I expect for approval/ verification that we are attending.

Thanks in advance.
Larry
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txinvestigator »

Sgt Riddle will send you a packet with all of that info in it. The range is several miles from the actual classroom facility. The classroom is located at the hotel. I don't remember the name of the hotel, but it was a chain and accomodations were fine, and it was not expensive. It was right on I 35.

You will not be in Austin, but up in Georgetown. The range is northwest of there.

Your packet will also have a phone number for Sgt Riddle. You should call her so they can be prepared for your particualr handicap.

Best of luck to you.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

LRB - as txinvestigator said, Sgt. Riddle will send you a package probably about 4 weeks before the class date. I would suggest you stay at the hotel where the class is held, not just for convenience, but because they have a discounted rate for the class.

The days will be VERY long, so make sure your wife has something to keep herself occupied... oh, I KNOW, get her to take the class WITH YOU!

Also, make sure you have all your affidavits notarized before you get there. There may not be anyone available. And, make sure you bring BOTH semi-auto and revolver. I didn't quite understand that the first time and had to borrow a revolver to qualify with.

As far as accomodations for handicapped shooters, they will take care of you. Just let them know in advance. I have seen several instructors with various physical problems and they all made it through.

Good luck to you!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

txinvestigator wrote: You will not be in Austin, but up in Georgetown. The range is northwest of there.

Your packet will also have a phone number for Sgt Riddle. You should call her so they can be prepared for your particualr handicap.

Best of luck to you.
Excellent, thank you. The hotel takes care of one of the worst things, trying to navigate around Austin in the morning. That is great news.

I'll be looking forward to the packet.
Ø resist

Topic author
lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

llwatson wrote: The days will be VERY long, so make sure your wife has something to keep herself occupied... oh, I KNOW, get her to take the class WITH YOU!
I convinced her of that day before yesterday and she signd up online. :grin:

llwatson wrote: Also, make sure you have all your affidavits notarized before you get there. There may not be anyone available. And, make sure you bring BOTH semi-auto and revolver.
Thanks, I would have otherwise expected a notary.
llwatson wrote: As far as accomodations for handicapped shooters, they will take care of you. Just let them know in advance.
Good luck to you!

Thank you, very much..
Ø resist

Topic author
lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

txinvestigator wrote: I don't remember the name of the hotel, but it was a chain and accomodations were fine, and it was not expensive. It was right on I 35.
La Quinta, and they do accept pets.
I love the internet. :lol:
Ø resist

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

lrb111 wrote: I convinced her of that day before yesterday and she signd up online. :grin:
Yaaay!!! You know, I only took the instructor class because my hubby wanted to. I thought it would be informative, but that I would never teach a class. Well... I teach every other weekend and he gets to be Mr. RSO. He thinks he gets to have all the fun, and I just let him think that.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

ElGato
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ElGato »

My Daughter was told that the new instructor's class would be in Round Rock at the Windgate Inn, There's no paper work on that yet, just what she was told.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Topic author
lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

ElGato wrote:My Daughter was told that the new instructor's class would be in Round Rock at the Windgate Inn, There's no paper work on that yet, just what she was told.
I called the La Quinta, and asked, " Is this where the CHL instructor class is held?" He said "Yes".
But I guess was just going off last year's schedule.

The Wingate in Round Rock has Aug 6th thru 11 for the CHL class, according to the person I talked to there.
(512) 341-7000

Thanks for the heads up.
Ø resist

Return to “Instructors' Corner”