THE LAW on CHL instructors online renewal by 3-1-10

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
CWOOD
Posts in topic: 1

THE LAW on CHL instructors online renewal by 3-1-10

Post by CWOOD »

I saw in the CHL instructor "legal" course on DPS instructor site, that the sunset law that finally passed in the last legislature mandated that instructors could renew their certificate in any county in the state by way of a mandated online course that was required to be in effect by 3-1-10.

I asked person in the DPS instructor section in an email and the person didn't know. When I pointed out their own info, she said that she would refer it to her supervisors.

I posted an inquiry here about it later and since I didn't get a quick response I kept looking and have now happened upon it.

The enacting legislation is HB 2730 and is available as PDF on DPS website at:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administra ... HB2730.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since it is a PDF file I could not simply copy & paste. To see what is to be done, scroll down to Sections 5.11 and 11.15 which show what is to be done by ammending government code 411.190, but there is no required date in those sections. I finally found the mandatory date in section 5.18. Hooray!! It is indeed March 1, 2010.

Charles, the next time you have a convesation with DPS could you please inquire as to their progress. The person in the instructor section that I corresponded with really and no idea about exactly what or when this was supposed to take place. Thanks.

Regards,
Carl

Return to “Instructors' Corner”